Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

drive shaft play

With the new RXT-X setup I have about 1", maybe 1.25" of play in the shaft. Where should it be?

The bellows has 0 tension on it. Granted next to the wrong replacement I have it is about 1/3" shorter but still the 2005 setup had a bunch of tension.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    With the new RXT-X setup I have about 1", maybe 1.25" of play in the shaft. Where should it be?

The bellows has 0 tension on it. Granted next to the wrong replacement I have it is about 1/3" shorter but still the 2005 setup had a bunch of tension.
    I set mine at 1/4" to 3/8" Some say 1/2"

+1
    god damnit. Engine has to come back

+1
    1/2" is what I use

+1
    okay I measured from the c-clip and got 3/4 so it's not that bad. I'll just bump it back 1/4 and re align it.

+1
    okay I measured from the c-clip and got 3/4 so it's not that bad. I'll just bump it back 1/4 and re align it.
    You should remove the c-clip, carbon seal and boot. Install pump and check the clearance by sliding the shaft back and forth. Align as required. You can also mill the ridge off of the carbon seal and place a large O-ring behind the carbon seal, install in boot/hat, then clamp. Will provide additional pressure if required.

+1
    I have mine set at 1/2" but still have cavitation.

Not sure if the way you measured it will work, but, push the DS as far forward as you can. Using a Sharpie, mark the DS at the impeller nose cone. Push the DS rearward as far as you can and mark the DS again at the nose cone. Measure the length between the 2 marks. 3/8" is the minimum.

Some else posted how to do this with the alignment tool (picture) but I can't find it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post

Not sure if the way you measured it will work, but, push the DS as far forward as you can. Using a Sharpie, mark the DS at the impeller nose cone. Push the DS rearward as far as you can and mark the DS again at the nose cone. Measure the length between the 2 marks. 3/8" is the minimum.

Some else posted how to do this with the alignment tool (picture) but I can't find it!
    I meant the c-clip groove. the bellows is out and in the garbage. I did it with no tension on anything. It's at 1/2" exactly now but YET AFUCKINGAIN I am waiting on one small part.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post

I meant the c-clip groove. the bellows is out and in the garbage. I did it with no tension on anything. It's at 1/2" exactly now but YET AFUCKINGAIN I am waiting on one small part.
    Well, once you have it all buttoned up and go for a ride it will all be just a distant memory. What part are you waiting on?

+1
    Please explain to me, you have an 05 RXT which uses the smaller diameter bellows as compared to the 06+, did you change the plastic thru-hull for the driveshaft?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information