Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1

Terrible warranty work after bad SC clutch.

Ok i'm posting this for Brian(Rustysearustydoo) who recently had his SC clutch let go. So he took it to Pete's Cycle in Severna Park where he bought it. They had the ski for quite some time and finally agreed to fix it the right way after some harrassment. When he got the ski back it wasn't running right because the oil pressure regulator which needs to have parts replaced when you remove the PTO had not been addressed as well as being 1 quart high on oil. Back to the dealer. After getting the ski back he rode it once and we noticed that there was oil everywhere inside the ski. The bilge had a substantial amount of oil in it and the coolant tank only had a few ounces in it. BACK to the dealer. Now they tell him there's nothing wrong with it and the oil was there because the mechanic spilled it last time he worked on it. First of all a seadoo tech shoul know how to use a funnel and second of all he should clean up any mess he makes. They went on to say they found water droplets on the dipstick when they checked the oil so they changed it. Is that the new reccomended procedure for getting water out of the engine? They said it was fine and there was no reason to be worried. They said the coolant probably steamed off. Yeah ok. Now they're trying to charge him $92!!! If i can i'm going down there with him to rattle someones cage. F--cking idots.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    that sucks...someone needs a kick in the nutz

precisely why a few hundred dollars in tools, and some patience will always beat a monkey turning a wrench for a snake.

hope they make it right

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    It's too bad BRP does not give a **** when their authorized dealers act like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT View Post
    It's too bad BRP does not give a **** when their authorized dealers act like crap.

I`m speechless, cough cough cough, let me tell you............................................... ..............................................
    ...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT View Post
    They do but can`t do much about it as the dealerships are independently owned. All they can do is stop giving them units.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    They do but can`t do much about it as the dealerships are independently owned. All they can do is stop giving them units.

Now there is thought mail (internet) order PWC from the factory and have a shipping and handleing fee of $300, cut out the dealer uncrating fee $450, plus the servicing fee after uncrating $150 just to add oil and a little fuel, no stealership markup, and sales rep fee $800, and the biggie no taxs about $850. The downside would be no place to do warranty repair, but then again most stealerships can't even do this in the first place. Somebody could make a fortune fixing a PWC for $30/hr for the customer, and $100/hr (or more) for warranty repair. Compare that to the stealerships $100/hr for customer repair and who know what for warranty repair.

Thread Information