Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

austin area riders... group ride?

so hopefully mother nature has had enough mydol to stop the craziness that is this winter.

thought id see if we had a few ppl that would like to meet up on lake austin (360 bridge) or on lake travis (will have to pick a spot) i know cajunjosh is down to ride as am i of course.
    we can figure out a date prolly a weekend if there is any interest.

I'd like to meet up and ride those lakes sometime. I've never been on either one.
    I have a couple buddies that could come also.

+1
    that would be cool. i was about to post if the austin riding scene was dead. used to be a lot of skis here but not so much anymore and riding solo is not as much fun unless you just want to get away for a cpl hours.

i wouldnt mind heading to some other lakes as well. never been to any of the surrounding ones. just austin and travis.

+1
    Hey Liquid chicken if you did not mind driving from Austin north, thru OK. Just into Whichta KS. June 7th & 8th we will be racing CC in IJSBA Region 9. You could take off work Friday 6th. Several of us make the drive its about 6 hours for me. I head home on Sunday after awards. My son lives in Round Rock , and might share the ride if you are interested .... just a thought. He raced his 1st time last year @ the end of the season as a beginer and took an over 3rd place trophy for the weekend. Well just thought i would ask

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hey Liquid chicken if you did not mind driving from Austin north, thru OK. Just into Whichta KS. June 7th & 8th we will be racing CC in IJSBA Region 9. You could take off work Friday 6th. Several of us make the drive its about 6 hours for me. I head home on Sunday after awards. My son lives in Round Rock , and might share the ride if you are interested .... just a thought. He raced his 1st time last year @ the end of the season as a beginer and took an over 3rd place trophy for the weekend. Well just thought i would ask

That is far enough out I may be able to make it. I will have to check with the other half. My racing days are done but that doesnt mean i cant enjoy it.

i will put this on the calendar and see what things look like closer to june.

Is anyone going to lake Austin this Saturday? I think I'm gonna go check it out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by treyh View Post
    Is anyone going to lake Austin this Saturday? I think I'm gonna go check it out.
    man i want to but other plans say i cant this saturday.

Is that 360 bridge a good place to put in? Is it free?

I'll be heading down to the 360 bridge this weekend as well... Who all's gonna be there?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by treyh View Post
    Is that 360 bridge a good place to put in? Is it free?

it is a good spot to launch but it is no longer free. expect to pay $12 total for car and trailer. the last 2 times i have gone no one is at the booth early morning around 9 am) so just launch. if you do that they will put a notice on your windshield with an address you can send a check to. its no big deal really but if you think about it swing back to the bridge around mid afternoon and you may be able to pay them cash.

there are 3 ramps to launch and if you are looking at the lake on the left hand side there is a sandy area if you want to beach your ski to park your vehicle or you can tie up at the docks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information