Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Kawi 300x or fzs

Im thinking about a left over model 2011 kawi 300x
    or a 2013 fzs. Which one eould be better for ocean riding.

Banned User
    +1
    Kawi hands down

3. +1 by:

I had the 300x for a few years and yes, for choppy waters kawa wins by far. Now I have a 2014 FZS since I ride in both (ocean and lakes) and I could not be happier. Consumes way less gas, known to be way more reliable, and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (etc etc) more performance parts available.

+1
    300x. Faster 0-60, tops out higher after a SCOM, more comfortable ride, stronger hull, a LOT more storage, etc.

the FZS hull would beat you to death ocean riding, the SC clutch would go quick, and the hull would crack easily.

only reason to get a FZS is if you are going to mod it and try to make a 80+ mph ski.

6. +1 by:

Not really enough information from the OP to make an "informed" decision at this point. If the OP is a serious recreational rider and does most or all of his riding in the afternoon ocean, then yes, the Ultra will be the better choice by virtue of its ride alone.

If the pace is varied and some of the ocean rides are in the morning when it is "calmer", then the FZS, or better yet, FX SHO would start to look more attractive.

If you can you should really test ride each one. That will give you an idea of what both Skis feel like firsthand. JB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jwaked View Post
    I had the 300x for a few years and yes, for choppy waters kawa wins by far. Now I have a 2014 FZS since I ride in both (ocean and lakes) and I could not be happier. Consumes way less gas, known to be way more reliable, and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (etc etc) more performance parts available.
    That's a man that's got the best of both worlds , best ocean ski best flat water ski with very high speed potential ...

Now you need the RXP-X with its T3 hull with its great handling and cornering (never rode one)..

Thats the life!

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DH300 View Post
    300x. Faster 0-60, tops out higher after a SCOM, more comfortable ride, stronger hull, a LOT more storage, etc.

the FZS hull would beat you to death ocean riding, the SC clutch would go quick, and the hull would crack easily.

only reason to get a FZS is if you are going to mod it and try to make a 80+ mph ski.
    Thats total Bullshit!!!!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DH300 View Post

Interesting post with a lot of bad info...

+1
    All I was saying is the FZs are not built for the ocean. He might want to consider a FX for his yammi option.

+1
    I would most likely ride on afternoons, and im just looking to have a nice jet ski im not looking to go 100 mph but im not looking to be the last one in the group. I like the kawi for the looks i also like the fzs for looks, and all seadoos for there looks, but i really hate the fx looks

should i consider the seadoo with the suspension
    Last edited by Bushwick718; 03-07-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information