Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

some Kawasaki info please

Okay guys/girls I need a some info on theKawasaki. I'm looking at getting either a Yamaha SVHO or the Kawasaki 310 LX.The Yamaha dealers has plenty of good sales information on why I should by a Yamaha,but the Kawasaki dealer is more into selling Bikes/UTVS/ATVS and really isnít providingany detail or information on the PWC. I have found some great informationonline, but I would really like to hear some information on what you like aboutit, fuel consumption, and what the maintenance would be like on the Kawasaki? Iknow the 310 is new this year so the information I'm really looking for wouldbe on the 300 series. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help

+1
    310LX has a stronger hull,a LOT better in the chop, a LOT more storage, a MUCH better 0-60, and get a de-limiter and you top out higher than the SVHO. Only things the SVHO has over the 310 is mod potential and fuel economy.

Maint-the sc is maintenance free aside from the SC belt. Just fog it, run 91+ octane and it's a reliable ski stock or near stock. Flush it out after salt water use. Just follow the book on scheduled maintenance.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    All depends on the watet you ride on.
    For open rough water there is no better than the ultra 300/310
    But if you ride more smooth than the yami will be just fine
    They both NEED premium fuel
    Just look at the style of racez each sku platform win to get a good idea

I love my 310

Waz

Thanks for the info. I will be ridding mostly on the river with a little bay/ocean ridding so mainly not that rough other than other boat waves. I will mainly be doing some group ridding and fishing not much water sport or racing, but I do like to go fast . I really like the looks of the 310LX but even with the discount price the dealer is offering its still a considerable amount higher than the deal I can get on the SVHO.

+1
    Storage was one of the main reasons I went with a 300. Now that I've ridden it a few times.... Still love the storage but it's scary fast!

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DH300 View Post
    310LX has a stronger hull,a LOT better in the chop, a LOT more storage, a MUCH better 0-60, and get a de-limiter and you top out higher than the SVHO. Only things the SVHO has over the 310 is mod potential and fuel economy.

Maint-the sc is maintenance free aside from the SC belt. Just fog it, run 91+ octane and it's a reliable ski stock or near stock. Flush it out after salt water use. Just follow the book on scheduled maintenance.
    I agree with everything said by DH300, very well put - I would only differ regarding the acceleration - in smooth water, the bottom and mid-range of the '14 SVHO is on par with the 310x /310lx, I would say at least as good as the Kawi. I rode both back-to-back last weekend in Florida, I was impressed with the SVHO, MUCH better than the '13. This is coming from a die-hard Ultra fan, but I give credit where it is due. In anything over 1' of chop, it was no contest, the Ultra is still supreme in every respect.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I rode a 2014 SVHO the other day, with a simple resistor mod it ran 72.6 and was an animal out of the hole....

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    [QUOif
    E=Aqtlic6801;2343656]I rode a 2014 SVHO the other day, with a simple resistor mod it ran 72.6 and was an animal out of the hole....[/QUOTE]
    We have had an animal out of the hole since 2011.....
    Its only this year the yammi has a pump that can handle STOCK power.....
    But sadly they still fall over in the chop.... but atleast they are heading in the right direction
    And If you are crazy enough u can use washers and do 73 + on a 300.....

Waz

thanks for all the input, but I'm still torn I think it will come down to how good of a deal I can get on the 310 lx. I will be doing mainly river and lake ridding, but do plan to take it to Bimini so I will make my mind up within the next couple weeks.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard007 View Post
    thanks for all the input, but I'm still torn I think it will come down to how good of a deal I can get on the 310 lx. I will be doing mainly river and lake ridding, but do plan to take it to Bimini so I will make my mind up within the next couple weeks.

You can probably get a killer deal on a left over 300x

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information