Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fogging, no choke or white smoke?? 14 FZS

Before I get flamed at let me explain quick, I have always been a kawa man til know, became a yami with a 2014 FZS. Kawa fogging on my last 300x was simple, it has its Little tube for it. Now with my FZS I know I have to disconnect the hose coming out from the oil breather. I have fogged both ways (felt very weird saying that) and no White smoke and the ski did not choke at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Jay

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Mine doesn't smoke from fogging. I'm curious. why are you fogging it now? is it going to be sitting for some length of time?

Most of my rides are salt water and I am an ass when it comes about maintaining my toys the best possible.

does it choke or bog??

+1
    Only for a second until it burns off then it's fine. You may be using too much. IDK

mine does not choke at all, thats way I was curious. Everyone says it should smoke and choke, some even say they have to give it some gas so it won´t die.

+1
    Nah I think with the injection and the amount of air flow, these don't even blink at it.

+1
    Yes, the engine speed will drop a few hundred RPM and then recover. You won't see white smoke coming out of the exhaust like with a 2 stroke. I doubt much fogging oil gets to the valves since it goes through the intercooler and the intake screen (assuming you haven't removed it yet). I think Yamaha recommends the fogging to protect the SC impeller and bearings. I ran my FZS exclusively in salt water and I only fogged when I was laying it up for an extended period.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jwaked View Post
    Most of my rides are salt water and I am an ass when it comes about maintaining my toys the best possible.
    I wouldnt be fogging it just because you ride in salt water. We ride salt water all the time. You just need to make sure you flush it on the hose well, back flush the IC, then wash and dry the ski after each ride. If you dont ride the ski one week, start it up and let it idle for 1 - 2 minutes.
    From time to time I will use a 50/50 mix of Formula 88 degreaser and water. Mist the entire engine and bay, let it sit for a few minutes, rinse off, vacuum it all out. Blow it dry with air compressor and spray everything down with CRC 656. SOunds like some work, but my ski is an 09 and still looks like new. The previous owner did this and I also do it.

I feel the fogging oil will build up especially on SC wheel and IC after much use. It also takes about an hour to clear out at the beginning of a ride.

10. +1 by:

How do you back flush the IC??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information