Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 136
  1. #1
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,136
    +1
    823

    Thumbs up Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler testing gets a thumbs up!

    I installed the Fizzle Y1000 intercooler that can be purchased here http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1945 in my ski in place of the Frozen boost type 14 intercooler and my findings are all positive, all in favor of the Fizzle Y1000.

    Previously my best run with my setup in cooler weather has been - max rpm 9180 rpm and max speed of 88.7 mph.
    Today in hotter weather I ran a max rpm of 9280 and 89.0 mph.

    Not only was there an improvement in top speed and rpm, but acceleration was stronger with the Y1000.

    The Y1000 intercooler core is only 1 1/4 inches shorter then the type 14. The length is the same. The end caps are a little smaller making the Y1000 cooler a little more compact than the type 14. I didnt physically weigh the intercoolers, but the Y1000 was substantially lighter.
    The other nice feature of the Y1000 core is that the water inlets are on the same side so the water passes across the core twice providing better cooling than the type 14. The type 14 intercooler water inlet is on one side and exits the other so it only has a single pass across the core.

    The fitment and finish of the Y1000 was very nice and the install went very smooth.

    In the end I am very pleased with the setup and looks like it belongs in the ski.

    Below are some pics of the install and comparison to the type 14.

    The install instructions can be found here.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=212725
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0278.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	324278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0279.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	324279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0280.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	324280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0299.jpg 
Views:	558 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	324281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0301.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	324282  
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 08-09-2014 at 09:39 PM.


  2. #2
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,136
    +1
    823
    pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0302.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	324283   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0304.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	324284   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0305.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	324285   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0306.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	324286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0307.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	324287  

  3. #3
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,136
    +1
    823
    Pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0308.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	324288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0311.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	324290   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0310.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	324289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0331.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	324291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0339.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	324292  

  4. #4
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,136
    +1
    823
    Install instructions.

  5. #5
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    809
    Thank you Gus so much for the work you put into testing this intercooler kit for me!

    For those of you who are interested in how this intercooler compares to other intercoolers out there, keep in mind 2 important factors:

    1) The Y1000 gain over the type 14 and other less efficient intercoolers is going to increase significantly when the warmer weather gets here.

    2) The Y1000 gain over those intercoolers will be even bigger the more boost you throw at it.

    Basically, the more heat your ski produces the harder the intercooler will have to work to cool down the incoming air. Any decent intercooler can keep AITs in an acceptable range in 70 degree air and 70 degree water. The 90+ degree air and 80+ degree water coming in a few months is where you'll see that the Y1000 intercooler has no trouble keeping up. Say goodbye to the dramatic heat fade issues you might have been having with another intercooler. This core has been tested to 27+ psi on the SHO 1.8 liter and is durability tested and leak tested with over 100 psi of air and water at the factory. Rest assured that you're getting a great value for the money.

  6. #6
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    Whats new James do we expect anything less from You???

    Thanks Gus for your testing Bud

  7. #7
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,136
    +1
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Thank you Gus so much for the work you put into testing this intercooler kit for me!

    For those of you who are interested in how this intercooler compares to other intercoolers out there, keep in mind 2 important factors:

    1) The Y1000 gain over the type 14 and other less efficient intercoolers is going to increase significantly when the warmer weather gets here.

    2) The Y1000 gain over those intercoolers will be even bigger the more boost you throw at it.

    Basically, the more heat your ski produces the harder the intercooler will have to work to cool down the incoming air. Any decent intercooler can keep AITs in an acceptable range in 70 degree air and 70 degree water. The 90+ degree air and 80+ degree water coming in a few months is where you'll see that the Y1000 intercooler has no trouble keeping up. Say goodbye to the dramatic heat fade issues you might have been having with another intercooler. This core has been tested to 27+ psi on the SHO 1.8 liter and is durability tested and leak tested with over 100 psi of air and water at the factory. Rest assured that you're getting a great value for the money.
    Completely agreed and it has been my pleasure. I always love to provide some non biased feedback for everyone! This was compare top the type 14 and there were gains, compare it to a less efficient cooler and gains will be dramatically increased with the Y1000.

    I was seeing 22lbs - 23lbs boost at 9300 rpm.

    If I added 1 degree to the impeller and Jim's VX plate I feel confident the ski would have been 91 easily and that is with the 3 degree nozzle!
    Today was cool out, but I have been out when the water and air was much colder and the testing today provided better results than that day.

    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Whats new James do we expect anything less from You???

    Thanks Gus for your testing Bud
    No problem. Always love to provide some non biased feedback for everyone!

  8. #8
    AWA MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currituck, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,616
    +1
    247
    Looks like it will move some cfm through it with not much pressure loss

  9. #9
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Looks like it will move some cfm through it with not much pressure loss
    Yes sir! As Gus noted, the core is about 1 1/2" taller on the type 14 yet the Y1000 still outperforms it. The major differences on the Y1000 are the increased fin density and the dual pass cooling core design.


  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Littleton,NC on Lake Gaston
    Posts
    261
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Looks like it will move some cfm through it with not much pressure loss
    Yes sir! As Gus noted, the core is about 1 1/2" taller on the type 14 yet the Y1000 still outperforms it. The major differences on the Y1000 are the increased fin density and the dual pass cooling core design.
    Can't wait to test mine. Checked water temp today on my lake 44 degrees air temp 61. Need water temp around 65 degrees.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FIZZLE Y1000 Intercooler with Tial BOV problem
    By gdjetski in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-29-2014, 12:23 PM
  2. The new FIZZLE Y1000 Intercooler is now ready for immediate shipping
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 09-02-2014, 04:25 PM
  3. Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler Installation Instructions
    By JFizzleJR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 07:18 PM
  4. Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler w/ Riva cooling kit for stock IC
    By mhagley in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 05:40 PM
  5. Millenium gets 2 thumbs up
    By shooter98xpl in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •