Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation How can I get 80+ miles out of a 2007rxt??

Can anyone help me? I have a 2007rxt with 36hrs on it. I recently had engine work done. 42lbs injectors, ET-127 SC wheel, after market intercooler and blow off valve. 15-20r prop intake grate. Stock ECU rev at 7100. I do a lot of hard ocean riding, but do racing at local lakes with friends. 2 weeks ago I was out running my buddy 2009 Yamaha Sho. Now he is f**kin killing me by at least 10 skis. What should I do? Summer is near and I need help asap!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltlife101 View Post
    Can anyone help me? I have a 2007rxt with 36hrs on it. I recently had engine work done. 42lbs injectors, ET-127 SC wheel, after market intercooler and blow off valve. 15-20r prop intake grate. Stock ECU rev at 7100. I do a lot of hard ocean riding, but do racing at local lakes with friends. 2 weeks ago I was out running my buddy 2009 Yamaha Sho. Now he is f**kin killing me by at least 10 skis. What should I do? Summer is near and I need help asap!!!!
    7100 rpms????......you're missing about 1000+ rpms somewhere.......something isnt running right.

+1
    I would ditch the BOV first off....check your SCer slip....What kind of ICer are you running??? You mentioned aftermarket but what brand??? Also check to make sure all you clamps/couplers are tight/sealed and that your rideplate/intake grate is flush with the hull...you will definitely need to pitch that prop,matter of fact with a 127 wheel I would see if somebody has a 14/19 to try...you just might be over propped.....

+1
    Your ski is not running right. No way a stock sho should have beat you by 10 ski lengths..

+1
    Welcome aboard the Hulk!!! Ditch the bov its a waste of $$$

Quote Originally Posted by 4skis View Post
    7100 rpms????......you're missing about 1000+ rpms somewhere.......something isnt running right.
    Sorry, not 7100, I meant 8100.

3 weeks ago both the Yamaha Sho and the RXT was stock. It would still beat me because they say the stock RXT runs 63/64 mph. They say the stock Sho runs 66/68 mph. I did work to my RXT, the mechanic gps the jet ski running at 71. We raced 2 weeks ago and I beat him by 10 skis. This week he went and had he ski redone. Same work I had done, except on his Sho by a different mechanic. His was gps at 78. I need to know what to do. Should I sell and get a Sho?? or should I turbo my Seadoo?? I just need to to run 80mph. I wont be the fastest because we have guys running 90mph down here.

+1
    you can get 80 without a turbo but its a bit of work and expense. turbo is a bigger expense.

a lot easier to hit 80 on a rxp.

9. +1 by:

+1

Sorry, not 7100, I meant 8100.
    This changes the ball game completely..

3 weeks ago both the Yamaha Sho and the RXT was stock. It would still beat me because they say the stock RXT runs 63/64 mph. They say the stock Sho runs 66/68 mph. I did work to my RXT, the mechanic gps the jet ski running at 71. We raced 2 weeks ago and I beat him by 10 skis. This week he went and had he ski redone. Same work I had done, except on his Sho by a different mechanic. His was gps at 78. I need to know what to do. Should I sell and get a Sho?? or should I turbo my Seadoo?? I just need to to run 80mph. I wont be the fastest because we have guys running 90mph down here.

Well youll definalty need more boost and RPMs to start via turbo or bigger Scer....Your Scer is only putting out a max of around 10 PSI were im sure his yami is putting out much much more than that..Also your gonna need to raise your RPMS and upgrade your valve trane....Install a pump wedge and or VTS,make sure you have a GOOD ICer...What intake grate are you running???And make sure your rideplate/intake grate is true and flush to the hull...Install OPAS block offs if not already...install a 4 inch air intake or rear air intake....Upgage your Scer and injectors to compliment the higher boost and a RRFPR to help with adjustments....A AFR gauge to moniter your AFRs so you dont go boom....And a Riva or Reflashed ECU with higher RPM,Fuel and timing curves.....

IF you go turbo then they are a bit pricey BUT you can buy complete kits in Jerrys store that comes with the whole setup minus prop,injectors and ECU and ICer..

11. +1 by:

+1
    I have a great suggestion for starters sell your Sea-doo and go get yourself a Kawasaki Ultra 300/310 series ski. Yes it's a little more money and yes you can thank me later.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information