Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Sea-doo Gti 130 v-tech tuned

    Tried to search on this forum and on google and i come across a few guys that has done a v-tech mod on there gti 130. Anyone here tried it and is it worth the $$$?

    How many hp's will i gain and do i need to change anything else than the reflash?


  2. #2
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    Never done a v-tech to a 130 but I've put a 155 ecu in a 130 and it wakes the ski up!!!! Higher rpms and gives it pulls a lot harder from the start..
    Also 4-5mph top speed

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Never done a v-tech to a 130 but I've put a 155 ecu in a 130 and it wakes the ski up!!!! Higher rpms and gives it pulls a lot harder from the start..
    Also 4-5mph top speed
    Do you checked the AFR with the 155 ECU !?Have you tried to repitch the impeller!?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    125
    +1
    12
    I have gtx 155 and was told there is no point doing tune as it is pretty well at the max the diff from 130 to 155 is cam profile And tune so you could change cam and then tune a lot of money for not much gain

  5. #5

    Sea-doo Gti 130 v-tech tuned

    Yeah probobly a waste of cash buying a v-tech tune thingy but i read of a guy who had done it on a 130 and he saw like 6-7 km/h + on topspeed. I dont trust what one guy says on the internet. V-tech is selling it to the gti's without saying, claiming or stating anything.

    Well if anyone ever does try it i would appreciate if they could share the results.

  6. #6
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    With just swapping ecu's you don't need to monitor anything. Its just plug n play.
    Sell your 130 ecu and put the money towards a 155. Only thing you have to dooo is marry the ecu to the guages and key...

    After the sale of the 130 ecu you should be only a few hunderd more for a 155..
    Just my .02

  7. +1 by:


  8. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    125
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by martfart View Post
    Yeah probobly a waste of cash buying a v-tech tune thingy but i read of a guy who had done it on a 130 and he saw like 6-7 km/h + on topspeed. I dont trust what one guy says on the internet. V-tech is selling it to the gti's without saying, claiming or stating anything.

    Well if anyone ever does try it i would appreciate if they could share the results.
    I changed the prop on mine and picked 5 kph with 500 less revs my next move is to bend the prop to increase revs

  9. #8
    Well if anyone ever do a v-tech flash on an 130gti i wanna know how it went.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    With just swapping ecu's you don't need to monitor anything. Its just plug n play.
    Sell your 130 ecu and put the money towards a 155. Only thing you have to dooo is marry the ecu to the guages and key...

    After the sale of the 130 ecu you should be only a few hunderd more for a 155..
    Just my .02
    Yeah i know,but the injectors and camshaft are not the same on this engines soo i wonder how this afects to the afr!?

  11. #10
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    Ive got a riding buddy who has a 09 gti that was a 130 until 35hrs. At 35 hrs he put in a 155 ecu and now has almost 250 hrs on it with 0 issues.
    No monitoring on the ski so I don't know the afrs but if they were off it would have caused a problem in the last 215hrs.
    We just compression tested it a montg ago and same #s as when it had 35hrs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Adding options to 2012 Sea Doo GTI 130
    By luckyzl230 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-28-2015, 09:38 AM
  2. Sea doo gti 130 2010 model
    By klyrouxas in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2015, 11:26 AM
  3. FS 2 2012 Sea Doos GTI 130 SE /GTR 215 16000
    By alka2710 in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2014, 10:25 PM
  4. Trying to decide between a 2012 sea doo gti 130 or 155
    By charger35v6 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-27-2014, 12:41 PM
  5. SEA-DOO GTI 130 a good ski?
    By cnj in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 02:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •