Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    2007 SD 215 Wake supercharger question

    I have a 215 wake supercharged. I have never changed the washers in it. There's 190hrs on it and I'm original owner. I hear stories about them blowing up and ruining the engine. What made mine last so long?


  2. #2
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    Pure luck....

    Dont even crank it again and go buy some lottery tickets...

    Yank it and get it rebuilt ASAP.
    New clutch washers and bearings.

    Right now she's a ticking time bomb...

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    Welcome aboard the Hulk!!!!

  5. #4
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Yup,time to get it out and have a full rebuild on it....Its beyond do for a rebuild...The new rebuild kit comes with everything needed to make it a sound charger...Bearings,metal clutches and now they even come with Viton seals.....

  6. +1 by:


  7. #5
    I got lazy and bought a x charger. I might rebuild the stock one later and sell it to someone around town cause pwc shops here are a joke for repairs.

  8. #6
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    When was the last rebuild on the x charger?
    You can send it to Jerry (greenhulk) and he rebuilds them and has done 1000s.
    With the x charger the bearing cages fatigue and break. This is common with doo chargers. I'm on my 3rd rebuild and my doo has a little over 200hrs. I ride wot 90% of the time. The other 10% is letting her warm up...

    Chargers should be rebuilt every 2 yrs.. just to be safe. A bearing failure will cost 2k+++ to fix.
    Look at the stickey for s/c rebuilds..

  9. #7
    Yeah I just ordered a x charger last week. I'm also going to rebuild the 215 charger myself since it looks like a car charger. How hard can it be? If it blows I'm good. If it goes kaboom I will get a rod up you know where.

  10. #8
    Scotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cropwell,Al
    Posts
    302
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by My_IS-F View Post
    Yeah I just ordered a x charger last week. I'm also going to rebuild the 215 charger myself since it looks like a car charger. How hard can it be? If it blows I'm good. If it goes kaboom I will get a rod up you know where.
    You will need to get 42lb. injectors to go with the X charger. Your current stock injectors are 38lb.

  11. #9
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    I've seen a x charger on a 06rxp with stock injectors and it ran great. We added an external i/c and bigger air intake and a few other bolt ons and she ran 74.7mph and would pull like a freight train...

  12. #10
    Scotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cropwell,Al
    Posts
    302
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    I've seen a x charger on a 06rxp with stock injectors and it ran great. We added an external i/c and bigger air intake and a few other bolt ons and she ran 74.7mph and would pull like a freight train...
    Would interesting to see what the afr was since they are lean stock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 10:40 AM
  2. Anybody Recognize this Seal? 2007 Seadoo 215 Wake
    By rferrel1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-20-2014, 10:09 PM
  3. 2007 250x supercharger questions
    By Jessie00721 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 06:53 PM
  4. FS For sale stock 2007 rxp 215 supercharger
    By RXPT400 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 06:19 PM
  5. 2007 Speedster 150 Wake Tower question
    By Riderman in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 09:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •