Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Question 300X vs F15 - Which to purchase??

So I just sold my old wife's car and we plan to buy a 3 seater jet ski. I have had my heart set on buying a 13' 300X. And then I started reading forums and some questions are coming to mind.

First as I am a horsepower nut, the 300X is very attractive. That is because I used to race stand up jet skis (94' - 06' Limited/Superstock/Stock). Now I also have to keep in mind that this will be a family ski as well. My wife will ride it, but her passion for the sport is no where near mine. So I will be the primary driver of the ski.

What is the difference between the SLO tether and the GO FAST one? Is it speed limited, or acceleration limited? I have looked but can't seem to get a clear definition of what it does. So if anyone could explain in detail, would be great.

Next the article below seems to imply that the Ultra 250 consumes about 7.8 GPH at 35 MPH while the STX-15F consumes about 5.4 GPH at 35 MPH. I am assuming the consumption on the 300X is a little worse than the Ultra 250. This compared to the VX at 4.1 GPH at 35 MPH. Has anyone performed this test on recent models?

http://www.personalwatercraft.com/fe...iency-890.html

The reason I bring up the VX is that my riding friends have a 10' & 11' VX. I just don't want to be out riding with them and tethered to a gas station while they are enjoying the sun.

Does the STX-15F run on 87 octane, or is it limited to 91 Octane as well?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jefski520 View Post
    So I just sold my old wife's car and we plan to buy a 3 seater jet ski. I have had my heart set on buying a 13' 300X. And then I started reading forums and some questions are coming to mind.

First as I am a horsepower nut, the 300X is very attractive. That is because I used to race stand up jet skis (94' - 06' Limited/Superstock/Stock). Now I also have to keep in mind that this will be a family ski as well. My wife will ride it, but her passion for the sport is no where near mine. So I will be the primary driver of the ski.

What is the difference between the SLO tether and the GO FAST one? Is it speed limited, or acceleration limited? I have looked but can't seem to get a clear definition of what it does. So if anyone could explain in detail, would be great.

Next the article below seems to imply that the Ultra 250 consumes about 7.8 GPH at 35 MPH while the F15 consumes about 5.4 GPH at 35 MPH. I am assuming the consumption on the 300X is a little worse than the Ultra 250. This compared to the VX at 4.1 GPH at 35 MPH. Has anyone performed this test on recent models?

http://www.personalwatercraft.com/fe...iency-890.html

The reason I bring up the VX is that my riding friends have a 10' & 11' VX. I just don't want to be out riding with them and tethered to a gas station while they are enjoying the sun.

Does the F15 run on 87 octane, or is it limited to 91 Octane as well?
    A f15 is a Honda, a 15f is a Kawasaki, which are you talking about?

Sean

3. +1 by:

+1
    The STX-15F.

+1
    300x is a gas hog... I think its the highest gph of any pwc.. its the most stock power also.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    1stly the 300x IS NOT a gas hog

when ridden sparingly or in eco mod its not that much worse than the other super charged skies......

and yes I ride often with a bunch of guys and when we hit the fuel pump either post ride or mid ride I can tell you real world difference is not as much as most NONE 300x owners think

if a person is concerned about gas ............DONT BUY A SUPERCHARGED ski !!!!!!!!!!!

HP = L/HR what ever the brand

buy a vx110 and 3 weeks time you will be pissed off because now its a feeling like a super slug that they are .....but the use NO fuel because they have NO HP

Waz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    1stly the 300x IS NOT a gas hog

when ridden sparingly or in eco mod its not that much worse than the other super charged skies......

and yes I ride often with a bunch of guys and when we hit the fuel pump either post ride or mid ride I can tell you real world difference is not as much as most NONE 300x owners think

if a person is concerned about gas ............DONT BUY A SUPERCHARGED ski !!!!!!!!!!!

HP = L/HR what ever the brand

buy a vx110 and 3 weeks time you will be pissed off because now its a feeling like a super slug that they are .....but the use NO fuel because they have NO HP

Waz
    Do you know what kind of range you have with your 300 when cruising? I know it all depends on how you use it, but can a person expect 100 mile range if cruising 35-50 mph?

+1
    Yep...ECO mode riding 30-40% of the time on a full tank ran around 4.5 mpg for me as opposed to 3.7-3.9 riding hard...THATS 30-40% of the time by just feathering the throttle @ a roughly 35MPH speed, if you tour ride or sight see you can set the ECO all day and probably get 5 mpg + ...

But you'll have the option in a second to turn off the ECO and unleash this beast @ Full Throttle!

+1
    The 15F uses about 11 gal per hour @wot which is about 59-60mph & runs best on 87 octane fuel, the 300 will use at least double that per hour of 91 [email protected] wot 67-68 mph & accelerates much faster & according to many on this site is the best rough water ski. The 15F is easier to maintain, change the spark plugs & oil once a year, the 300 has a more intense schedule & things that are required with each ride. The 15F can easily be a 65mph ski & the 300 easily can be a 75mph ski

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    I wish the NONE 300x owners would stop this crap about INTENSE maintenance care etc..

it takes me the EXACT same amount of time to post ride wash/care my 300,310 ultras as it does on my fx140

even my neighbor who I ride with every weekend takes the SAME amount of time to do his 2007 fx160ho

Waz

+1
    Like you said Waz, it's only the people that have nothing to do with the 300x that post up this crap, how it takes thousands of dollars and three days to service this ski. God love em.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information