Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

R&D girdle kit for 07 RXT?

I had the usual brass insert pull out issue from the shoe and had epoxied them back in mid season last year. Well at years end I had inspected and discovered one insert was free spinning so it looks like the epoxy didn't hold and now I'm investigating options to cure the problem. It was suggested to me to install an R&D girdle kit but the more I look at it things don't look like it was designed for the RXT as the inserts are set back further near were the new bolt holes in the girdle land. Closest thread I found was this, but again it's for an RXP and inserts not located the same on my 07 RXT.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48410

I then found this thread and if this is the cure it's sure allot of work and wish I embarked on this as a winter project but ski's been at Slow's so that was out of the question.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...highlight=shoe

With new mods and build Slow's doing I'm worried getting into upper 70's with this ski is going to cause a big problem if this isn't addressed.

I also had a crazy idea if the ride plate could not have a brace welded in with new holes, of course I'd have to trim the plastic ribs of the shoe for this idea to be possible, if it's even feasible? Prob grove weld and prep it.

Any thoughts on this dilemma?

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    So you did the full swap of shoe and rp I see. Also saw one post in that lengthy thread where you believe just a rp swap is not possible. I was thinking those plastics ribs could be trimmed down to fit the larged shelf area the grate 3 bolts mounts to...you don't think so? My only worry is how much will the removed portion of ribs weaken the end of the shoe? I got to do some thinking on this one. Not sure when I'll get my ski back from Slow and last thing I want is huge down time embarking on yet anothr major project but I also want to do it right and not worry about a catastrphy either. One of these days I'll stop modifying all my skis and just enjoy ridding...does it ever end when you get addicted? Then I had a whole new worry. This RXT might be close to 80 when done and will stuffing be an issue?

+1
    No the shoe and the grate will not match up in any way. It's all or nothing. You'll also wind up moving the engine back. Shimming the shoe is a PITA. I don't plan on stuffing unless I pass 83 but here's the thing. Most people that stuff have not gone through this and I'm 100% certain my entire system is perfectly aligned.

I should be water testing this weekend. I don't know how many WOTs I'll get, it depends on my AFRs

+1
    No the shoe and the grate will not match up in any way. It's all or nothing. You'll also wind up moving the engine back. Shimming the shoe is a PITA. I don't plan on stuffing unless I pass 83 but here's the thing. Most people that stuff have not gone through this and I'm 100% certain my entire system is perfectly aligned.

I should be water testing this weekend. I don't know how many WOTs I'll get, it depends on my AFRs
    Well if they don't match up what about the idea of modifying the current ride plate to weld a tab plate in to basically replicate the 3 bolt mount point for grate attachment of a TX ride plate...sounds a little bit of a tongue twister but hopefully you know what I mean. That would then clash with the plastic ribs of the shoe but if I stop the new tab plate before the inserts I should just be able to trim the plastic ribs down a little so it sits flat...providing it won't weaken the shoes end to the point running close to 80 might break it off. Best thing to do is the full swap I'm sure but i know me and my schedule. I work construction so Jan, Feb, and part of March things are slow for me so I take on these lengthy projects then. Every time I embark on this sort of thing once spring rolls around I'm swamped working long days, kids, family, and it takes months and dampens the summer.

+1
    you will have to cut out a massive chunk, including the webbing, of the already weak pump support then get the tab just right. A couple people have drilled through the pump support and used elevator bolts.

My 2005 support puffed up and deformed after a couple times of blowing out the grate

+1
    you will have to cut out a massive chunk, including the webbing, of the already weak pump support then get the tab just right. A couple people have drilled through the pump support and used elevator bolts.

My 2005 support puffed up and deformed after a couple times of blowing out the grate
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	324396

Looking at the existing single tab's cut out it doesn't look like anything more than 1/4 would need to be trimmed out of the plastic ribs to prob close to the inserts for the modification to work. Those ribs look pretty deep to me in comparison to the tab thickness. Pondering the idea for now as the quickest solution that would safely work.

+1
    Do you see how far forward those mounting bosses are? You won't weld anything that far forward that will be stable and still work with the intake grate. It will just snap off unless you can brace it from the sides then modify the intake grate by milling it down where the side braces would go.

Not worth it.

+1
    I never meant to just extend that single tab without it also extending side to side of the ride plate, ya that would be a lever arm and would snap...sort of like the TX 3 bolt tab does is what I was thinking. I have a Riva top loader that would have to be modified because there are bars that go between the ribs and an added plate on the ride plate would clash so they'd have to be milled down..that's easy enough if I want to use that grate. I believe a stock grate is flat and does not project anything between the ribs so I'd just need to drill the new holes.

+1
    stock grate does not have the webbing that REINFORCES the stock weak pump shoe. Riva WILL break on you eventually for a SD RXT. R&D is your choice for the SD RXT and even still all thee grates are cast so removing material from them is iffy.

The TX plate has the 3 holes very close to each other. They're massively different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information