Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

2007 RXT 215 Maintenance & Mods

I recently purchased a 2007 Sea Doo RXT 215 with 66 hours from the original owner and I am looking for mod and maintenance suggestions. Over the last few days I have been searching the forums and I have a good idea of everything that needs to be done but I don’t understand a lot of it and it has left me with a few questions. Usually when I purchased a sports car I would do plugs, plug cables, distributor cap, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and once I got caught up on maintenance I would do all my breather mods but its obviously not the same with pwc's.

What do I need look out for on these RXTs? Any common problems? I already know I need to rebuild the sc but what other preventative maintenance should I perform on it before the summer?

What are some beginner upgrades I can perform? This will be my first summer on the jet ski so I am not looking to do any major upgrades until I get used to the power it already has and I have that hunger for more power.

I have decided to do the 4” Kanaflex as my first mod and I am tempted to do something to the sc while I have it out. My budget is limited to about $800 including the sc rebuild.

More then anything I just want to make sure the ski is in excellent running condition and all maintenance and needed upgrades have been performed.

Thanks for any advice and suggestions.

+1
    I just picked up the same ski last season too, and the first things I did were plugs and oil change.
    Now over the winter I'm doing; S/C rebuild, bilge pump (easily the second most important maintenance mod behind sc rebuild), DIY 3" intake from spare parts I have laying around, DIY resonator delete/free flow exhaust, and DIY catch can.

For $800 total;
    400 for the S/C rebuild
    150 for intake (you gotta decide if you wanna do a catch can w/ an aftermarket intake)
    100 for bilge pump (can't emphasize this importance enough)
    and with the remaining 150.... maybe see the previously mentioned DIY mods?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twokexlv6coupe View Post
    I just picked up the same ski last season too, and the first things I did were plugs and oil change.
    Now over the winter I'm doing; S/C rebuild, bilge pump (easily the second most important maintenance mod behind sc rebuild), DIY 3" intake from spare parts I have laying around, DIY resonator delete/free flow exhaust, and DIY catch can.

For $800 total;
    400 for the S/C rebuild
    150 for intake (you gotta decide if you wanna do a catch can w/ an aftermarket intake)
    100 for bilge pump (can't emphasize this importance enough)
    and with the remaining 150.... maybe see the previously mentioned DIY mods?
    I was going to do the Kanaflex DIY intake. Can I add a catch can to that or do I have to use an aftermarket intake to add a catch can?
    I will definitely be doing the bilge mod.

How do I do the resonator delete? I mean I understand what a resonator is and how it works and how to remove it on a car but not on a ski. What do you put in place of the resonator?

Why do I need to remove the OPAS to install the RIVA Rear Exhaust Kit?
    Last edited by locsta; 03-13-2014 at 11:14 PM.

+1
    1. Save your money and go with the xcharger and 42' injectors...with the above mods you will just have a loud ski going like stock...just my opinion if you want to save money. unless you upgrade your charger, the above mods are useless, except the bilge pump of course
    Last edited by Sigmarxt; 03-15-2014 at 03:51 PM.

+1
    Intake makes quite a bit of difference, though I agree the resonator delete is a bad idea.

+1
    You could rebuild your charger and later add An ET127 and 42s to your ski .....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by locsta View Post
    I was going to do the Kanaflex DIY intake. Can I add a catch can to that or do I have to use an aftermarket intake to add a catch can?
    I will definitely be doing the bilge mod.

How do I do the resonator delete? I mean I understand what a resonator is and how it works and how to remove it on a car but not on a ski. What do you put in place of the resonator?

Why do I need to remove the OPAS to install the RIVA Rear Exhaust Kit?

You can do either with the Kanaflex; catch can, or reroute the PCV hose back to the kanaflex tubing. Just search the pro's and con's of each (continuing to oil the S/C via the intake, or not)

Resonator delete simply replaces the resonator with a $15 piece of aluminum tubing. No cutting or hacking required, so if it really is too loud, simply go back to stock, and only $15 wasted. This also uses the stock exhaust outlet in the pump tunnel, but the true rear exhaust reroute's the outlet where OPAS would interfere with the exhaust, necessitating removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmarxt View Post
    1. Save your money and go with the xcharger and 42' injectors...with the above mods you will just have a loud ski going like stock...just my opinion if you want to save money. unless you upgrade your charger, the above mods are useless, except the bridge of course
    I hate you for starting to talk me into an X-charger!
    But that alone is out of the OP's budget which is why I didn't suggest any SC upgrades.

+1
    This also uses the stock exhaust outlet in the pump tunnel, but the true rear exhaust reroute's the outlet where OPAS would interfere with the exhaust, necessitating removal.
    I dont think I want to waste my time with the resonator delete because I know I wont like how it sounds. I would rather spend the money on a good sounding exhaust.

If I remove OPAS wont I loose some handling?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by locsta View Post
    This also uses the stock exhaust outlet in the pump tunnel, but the true rear exhaust reroute's the outlet where OPAS would interfere with the exhaust, necessitating removal.
    I dont think I want to waste my time with the resonator delete because I know I wont like how it sounds. I would rather spend the money on a good sounding exhaust.

If I remove OPAS wont I loose some handling?

No. Off Power Assisted Steering for when you chop the throttle. Normal carving won't be affected IMO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    No. Off Power Assisted Steering for when you chop the throttle. Normal carving won't be affected IMO.
    Off Power Assisted Steering, I get it now.

Comparing the $12-$149 Free Flow Exhaust kit to the $239 Riva Rear Exhaust Kit is there a big difference in gains between the two?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information