Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

08 RXT-X Build??

Hey guys, Iím putting together a 08 Seadoo RXT-X, and just had a few questions. On my 08 RXT-X I currently have the following upgrades installed on it, the Riva stage one kit, with Riva rear exhaust, Riva intercooler relocation kit, and the Riva pro series OPAS block off. Everything else is still stock, FOR NOW.. lol Well, I recently noticed the pump tunnel starting to show some spider cracks. So, I went on eBay and found a 08 RXT-X gutted hull, that I purchased and picked up. Iím going to have the pump tunnel on this hull reinforced and then transfer everything over from my cracking one over. I figured I would do some more upgrades on my new build while itís all a part.. Want to make her as fast as possible. Lol.. So, Iíve been saving up and buying parts little by little, I think I got everything I will need, but there are a couple of parts Iím wondering if I should get or not, want to know what you guys think.. Here is the list of parts I currently have for the build.

Riva Stage I kit
    Riva Rear exhaust
    Riva intercooler relocation kit
    Riva pro series block offs
    Riva water box
    Riva XXX supercharger
    Riva Pro series ECU
    Riva 50lb injectors
    Riva Valve Train
    Riva Fuel Regulator
    Riva Thermostat
    DCC Motorsports Pressure relief valves (to hopefully keep hull from cracking again)

So, those are all the parts I have so far for the new build. There are just a couple of parts Iím thinking about getting still but not sure. First is a speedfreeks ride plate. Iíve heard good things about the Riva plate, but donít want to go open loop, or go with a heat exchanger. Is the speedfreeks plate worth it on the RXT-X? I know it say it will improve the speed over the stock, but what about the handling on this model? The other part is the Riva pro series blow off valve. I know Iíve read mixed reviews on it. Iíve heard itís actually bad for the supercharger clutch, but then why would Riva bother selling it? I know they claim it will make it last longer, and only relives the extra pressure when needed. What do you guys think, a waste of money or something I should add to protect the supercharger, I of course will still rebuild it every 100hrs either way. One other thing Iím wondering about is the intercooler, will I be ok with the stock intercooler that came with the RXT-X, or do I need to upgrade since I will be using the xxx supercharger? Please let me know what you guys think about these other parts, and if there is anything else that I will need, or should add. ThanksÖ

+1
    Welcome to Green Hulk!

On the ride plate you have 2 options:

SpeedFreeks (wedge is helpful)
    Jims

Jims has 2 options: closed loop (wedge) or open loop (no wedge). The open loop plate is similar to the Riva open loop plate but with much less fitting problems, and can be used with a heat exchanger.

I have the SpeedFreeks plate on my ski with 2.5* R&D wedge and it handles very well in combination with the SpeedFreeks steering arm.

To get the max power out of the XXX s/c, you will need to up the rpm to 8800-8900 and larger injectors. Duke at DCC can help with this.

+1
    My 08 RXTX ran 84 last fall right off the trailer with ZERO tuning or prop tweaking, but that wasn't even close to what it had in it. My mods are as follows:

08 RXTX hull, reinforced tunnel
    Built 4tec, 9.5:1 CP's stock rods, lightened flywheel, counter balancer, cam, etc.
    ET 70-145 charger
    Riva Gen3 intercooler
    Ported head
    Riva RRFPR
    DCC Modified Mid pipe
    DCC Flashed ECU 9500
    80lbs injectors
    Jims Open loop plate
    R&D grate
    Riva SS wear ring
    15/20R untouched
    84mm nozzle

The one thing I can tell you is these ski's LOVE 8800+ rpm. I always ran a riva 8650 but once I put dukes mapped ecu in the ski was a totally different animal.

+1
    How do you modify an 08 midpipe!?!? There's nothing there

+1
    Extend it with a longer rubber connector and/or Danny's mod.

+1
    You do not need pressure relief valves You just need to reinforce the tunnel properly on the tx

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    You do not need pressure relief valves You just need to reinforce the tunnel properly on the tx
    For clarity, & according to Duke, (cause I asked) PRV's are recommended in the mid 80's area, meaning 85 +/-.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Extend it with a longer rubber connector and/or Danny's mod.
    I had no choice but to use a 3" longer pipe to box connector with mine unless I wanted 8" through hull to box coupler

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Well, I missed that in your previous post Was that a one only mod or will he do that for anyone?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information