Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has anyone tried to put mirrors on a 3-up?

In Alabama, it is required by law to put mirrors on if you are pulling a tube etc. Of course I had a few issues with numbers not sticking to plastic. So I can imagine anything sticking is going to be a pain. I was thinking about going with a suction mirror. Anyone tried it?,

I also live in alabama but have looked into the pulling a tube requirements and from my understanding you either have to have mirrors and OR a spotter riding faceing the tube. I dont know about getting mirrors to stick tho but i dont think suction cups will work very well one good wave or bounce and they are gone. How did you get your numbers to stick i have yet to get mine registerd and labled.

I looked up on the dept. Of Conservation and it said that a passenger is no longer suffient. I'm not sure, I was under the impression that a rider was better. On the rego stickers, I went through a few sets, used heat guns etc. Nothing worked. I finally just decided to go with the seadoo made ones on eBay. Should have them soon. I will let you know. They are made for spark. If they don't work they will be going back.

+1
    You mentioned there is an adhesive problem to the hull. Do the GoPro mounts experience the same issue? Its a heavy duty thick foam 3M mounting tape.

I'm not sure what works. I know there was a problem with the graphics kits at first but they corrected the problem right away from my understanding. I went to a sign shop and I guess they used the standard vinyl. It stuck to everything except the ski. There is some kind of adhesive they use on the polytec. I would make sure to find something good if your mounting a go pro. Hate to loose that in the water.

+1
    http://www.carid.com/universal-side-...FRQS7Aod8h4AUA
    Would Handlebar end mirrors like above work? We need to know the width of the handlebar?
    I know I,m going to have a mirror on my 2 Up HO because the bass boats can whiz by in a seconds notice - You need a mirror -I Feel!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jus10 View Post
    I'm not sure what works. I know there was a problem with the graphics kits at first but they corrected the problem right away from my understanding. I went to a sign shop and I guess they used the standard vinyl. It stuck to everything except the ski. There is some kind of adhesive they use on the polytec. I would make sure to find something good if your mounting a go pro. Hate to loose that in the water.
    Agreed, it is a pricey little thing once all the accessories are purchased...Makes me also wonder how the mat kit sea doo offers will hold up, which I would also like to add asap.

From what I read it said they have to be non moveable, meaning handle bar wouldn't work. I'm not sure I might just wait to get stopped and find out for sure. I too was looking into the grip mat. If not wearing some type of foot wear, it can be a bit uncomfortable. I haven't got to really get aggresdive riding yet. I got 1 hr left on break in. Seadoo made a nice ski. Cheap base price but add-ons add up. Benefit is you only add what you want.

+1
    I don't see how they are supposed to stick to the grooved surface in the foot well. Guess you have to apply a great deal of pressure with your fingers upon application. Really cant wait till mine arrives, all I hear is good things about this ski.

My only complaint so far is the registration numbers not sticking. I am a old school pwc rider. The new ones are just big and bulky to me. While they do have the power, they aren't nimble. To me this is similar to riding my yz250. With it being light, you should be able to catch a good amount of air too. Acceleration not bad either. My main complaint is the weather. I wish it would get warm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information