Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SLO Key vs ECO Mode 300x- Best Gas Mileage?

Has anyone done a comparison between the fast key with ECO mode vs just using the SLO key as far as gas mileage when just cruising?

I know that RPMs and supercharger boost do not kick in like with the fast key but wondering which gives the best gas mileage.

Thoughts?

+1
    The slo key does not limit the sc it just limits the top rpm so if u throttle to top rpm the sc will pull near top boost. So as with any fuel economy it is all in how you ride. I have used both key and Eco and can say with all confidence " IT'S A 300X SERIOUSLY WOT OR PORT WHAT THE HELL".

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GEKOMON View Post
    The slo key does not limit the sc it just limits the top rpm so if u throttle to top rpm the sc will pull near top boost. So as with any fuel economy it is all in how you ride. I have used both key and Eco and can say with all confidence " IT'S A 300X SERIOUSLY WOT OR PORT WHAT THE HELL".
    You only get 7 psi with the SLO KEY. but Eco mode still gets better fuel economy I believe. With you 100 percent on the ride it like the powerful beast it is.

+1
    SLO key is for inexperience riders or someone you just don't want to give them or trust them the full power of a forced induction engine..could be a little intimidating or even scary for someone...

Stay with ECO mode, set it for the day and cruise with it,should get close to 70miles before fuel buzzer goes off BUT you still will have 6-7 gallons left to get another 25-30 miles ..

SLO Key also Makes a great spare to carry on the ski in a hidden compartment JUST in case you were to some how lose your orange key out for the day of riding..

+1
    One doesn't buy a 300X for eccono, but for fun factor. Last thing you should worry about is fuel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by powellcrazy View Post
    One doesn't buy a 300X for eccono, but for fun factor. Last thing you should worry about is fuel.
    True,but there are gonna be times where you may ride with friends long distances and gotta be able figure where you can get premium gas on the water (differcult)or how to maximize your gas mileage with ECO mode...

7. +1 by:

Hi,

If the Fuel Buzzer comes for the First Time, how many Gas is than in the Tank ?

Did you Guys have the R&D Fuel Pick up Module ?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Fuel buzz = 1/3 of tank left
    Dont waste money on deep pickup

I was quite surprised at the the Gas mileage when put in ECO mode; it was as good as my FX SHO at the same RPM. If full acceleration is not needed and the pace of the ride is not too crisp, ECO mode is a good way to go. JB

and this R&D deep Fuel pickup is not so good ? Why ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information