Thread: MEAD

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    Lake Havasu, AZ

Thumbs up MEAD

Y'all can call me a "glass queen" all you want; but after dealing with the incessant undulations of the gulf of mexico - THIS is heaven:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mead 1.PNG 
Views:	58 
Size:	613.0 KB 
ID:	324688

with over 225 miles of shore line, Mead is MY PLACE...
    (video of ride will be up as soon as I can get 'er done; start my new job at the marina tomorrow....)

The wet left coast.
    "Glass Queen" There I said it.

Glass is fun and so is a nice swell or tug boat wake. As long as I'm riding I'm happy and it's fun making your own slalom course in the glass but I prefer the ocean more than lakes.

We camp at a lake for two weeks every summer and it's funny listening to some people coming off the lake when it's windy saying how rough it is. Rough to me is when you cannot see your riding partner a few hundred feet away because he's down in the bottom of a swell.

3. +1 by:

I used to boat all the time on Mead in the late 90's early 2000's. When they made the huge drop in lake level around 2000-2001, I lost interest as a lot of the really great boating/skiing areas were gone. (like Virgin cove, totally gone in 2001...) And the forecast going forward is not good with the drought and all. Overton Marina no longer exists, as it is totally land-locked now. The drive from Vegas thru the Valley of Fire to Overton was spectacular.

We switched over to putting in at Temple Bar, but there are not very good boating/skiing area in that part of the lake. Very sad. They are even saying that the lake could close in the next few years.

BTW, I never thought of Mead being good for glass. Maybe this time of year, but we only went in the summer when the winds are usually wicked strong.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    Lake Havasu, AZ
    It does get windy out here...

Its not often that the whole lake is glass; but it does happen from time to time...

Thread Information