Curious if anyone has worked on both SCs and their thoughts on which design might be better ... not clutch design, just the more efficient production of boost, and possibly less effort/centrifugal force (acceleration and deceleration of the SC wheel).

It would almost seem that spinning a much smaller wheel at a much higher speed may produce less centrifugal force, and theoretically be more efficient, and less destructive to the clutch setup (whatever it may be). The best ET Yamaha setups can produce 24 lbs boost on a 30% larger engine, versus maybe 18 - 20 lbs boost on the smaller 1.5l SD engine with the largest ET setup (170-45). That would indicate that the Yamaha setup with the largest ET wheel is capable of producing around 40% (rough estimate) more boost at around the same engine rpm, on our smaller 1.5l SD engines. Seems like the smaller wheel/higher speed is capable of more boost ...

If that is true, what would happen if we made a flywheel and gear for the SD engine that would spin the smaller impeller/smaller inducer design at similar speeds to what the Yamahas spin the SC at? It would seem that the hybrid SC would produce a LOT of boost for the 1.5l SD engine, and may be easier on clutches too.

I know this would be a lot of work, custom parts, and might not even be feasible (flywheel/space constraints in the SD PTO, clutch/shaft changes, etc), so it is really more of a theoretical question. Just curious if others have wondered about it, had any thoughts about it ...

In theory, if we could adapt the ET 24 lb Yamaha SC to the SD engine with similar gearing, that could produce 28+ lbs of boost on a SD engine, since our engines are smaller displacement. I know it might be cheaper and easier to just go turbo on the SD engine, but just staying with SCs for the sake of discussion, I was curious what others thought.