Question Just bougt two skis, take a look

Well I have been kicking around the idea to buy my own ski for a few years now, I would usually just ride friends and families skis before. I went to buy a brand new one and just couldn't justify the cost on something I had little experience with (riding, launching and caching on trailer, etc.) Now, in the past I have searched the forum for tips on buying a used ski. This is when I became educated on the ceramic washer flaw withe the seadoos. I would look on craigslist & ebay regularly but never found anything that ever jumped out to me. Well last week I came across two skis and after doing my research, I felt it was a deal I could't pass on.

The skis are a 2008 RXP-X 57 hrs w/intercooler, has Riva stage 1 kit installed plus a few extras. Next, 2007 RXP 68 hrs everything is stock. Two place triton aluminum trailer, and in the CL add it states "2 Extremely clean jet skis for sale. Both machines have been serviced with high quality oil each year and maintained perfectly. Units were flushed after every use and salt-away was used to rinse and wash machines inside and out. CRC 6-56 was applied to everything to prevent corrosion before and after use also, ceramic washers replaced with metal ones".

I live in south jersey so on friday I drove the 2.5 hrs to maryland with a buddy to check theses machines out. My first impression was 'WOW that trailer is serious" the skis were clean no visual issues on hull and gel coat, motors clean, he said the machines were winterized and he then he stared both up, I didn't see any issues. Asked some more questions, looked over some more, and finally pulled the trigger and did the deal. He greased up wheel bearings and I was on my way. I also got a stand with the deal. this was listed at 13k and he we negotiated to 12,500.

So, what Im here now asking everyone to take a look, sorry only these pics for now, will post more (let me know if a specific pic needs to be taking of something) and tell me what you think, and if you think i got a deal and what to look for in spring, before riding, etc. Also I want to wax them so what is best marine wax to use. Thanks everyone

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1-3.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	324725Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2-3.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	324726Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3-2.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	324727

+1
    Hello rclindjr, Both those skis look cherry. I am not a DOO guy. But from what you spoke of, I am sure they will provide many years of fun! Welcome to the Hulk, and let us know how your new ski adventures take off.

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    Cant beat a triton trailer...

+1
    I scrolled over those quite a few times, and spoke to him about them. They seem like very nice and clean machines!

+1
    But I want to see some pictures of the engines!! Maybe a video of them being started up too?

+1
    Nice looking skis. Congrats. Where do you plan to ride?

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    But I want to see some pictures of the engines!! Maybe a video of them being started up too?

I will get more pics up as soon as the weather breaks, right now my garage is in shambles from sticking these in there, and video !!

Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    Nice looking skis. Congrats. Where do you plan to ride?
    Well, I live about 15min outside of philly and an hr from atlantic city so I will mostly in ocean and when I wanna stay close to home ill be in del river, a friend of mine bought one new this season and we want to plan some good rides, AC to OCMD, NYC harbor, Mullica river, etc and ideas pass 'em my way !!!

Thread Information