Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

94 spi fuel gauge question

I'm having trouble figuring out the sending unit if it's the float or the fuse I tested the gauge and it works but when I ohm tested the sending unit I got nothing just the oL.
    Can someone help me figure this out on whether I need to replace float or replace the sending unit

thanks

+1
    Pop the bottom off the sending unit and drop out the float. Are the magnets still attached? As the magnets pass by the internal board the resistance changes. Put your meter back on it and run a telescoping magnet up inside. Does the meter read varied ohms? If it still reads nothing than the F1 needs bypassed /soldered and you should be good to go.

Can I do all of this in the ski because the clams on the top are permanent can't loosen and take hoses off

+1
    I haven't seen one yet where the hoses wouldn't just pull right off, BUT....that tells me you still have all the grey fuel lines which need replaced anyway before you kill an engine.

That's what I thought too because the lines attached to the sender are crimped permanent like a clamp on a cv axle boot if you know what that looks like

Were can I find a reel of good fuel line that I won't have to take a second mortgage out to get it. I prefer to go with blue clear line

+1
    You will need about 15ft of 1/4" line. I use the tubing from Parts Unlimited because it is stocked locally. You need to replace all supply feed lines, clean out the carbs, clean out the fuel switch, clean out the stock fuel filter, and probably replace the filter housing o'ring. Don't worry too much about the vent lines and the carb to tank return line, they are usually OK. Just cut about 4-6" off the return line before you hook it backup to the carb. You will also need new carb base gaskets. Might as well trim back the plug wires, install new plugs, grease the PTO, and change jet pump oil while you're at it.

Ok most of that I know what to do and I'll probably just replace all the lines and rebuild carb. The one thing I don't know anything about is the jet pump oil and were to even look for a tank

+1
    search youtube for seadoo pump oil change. There is a how-to vid.

Found the video seems to be a very easy service to do but what type of oil should I use for an arizona climate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information