Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

picking up a msx 140 tomorow

Hi all,picking up a 04 msx 140 ,courtesey of the 'bay,but looks promising , the engine is out,but not fully dismantled,my question is,can you add 2 stroke to the fuel tank while bleeding the oil pump?many thanks.

+1
    assuming you want to run premix til the air is out of the oil lines? If so yes, it can be done, just make sure the oil pump works properly and there are no leaks before you switch off the premix. id run it at 40:1 for 1 tank and deal with a little extra smoke.

+1
    thanks,that is what i was hoping.

+1
    Also run a good 2 smoke oil...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskihowie View Post
    Hi all,picking up a 04 msx 140 ,courtesy of the 'bay,but looks promising , the engine is out,but not fully dismantled,

my question is, can you add 2 stroke to the fuel tank while bleeding the oil pump? many thanks.
    Nope.

The MSX 140 is a Ficht direct fuel injected engine. The gasoline does not flow through the crankcase so any oil in the fuel does nothing to lubricate the engine internals.

You can dribble straight 2-stroke oil down the throttle body air intakes. Don't over do it, just add enough oil to provide some crankcase lubrication while the oil lines push the air bubbles out.

The oil pump itself has a bleed screw so you can easily bleed out the oil feed hose from the oil tank.

For the small oil hoses to each of the three cylinders and the oil line to the MAG crankcase bearing, you can use a tiny funnel or a large syringe to pre-fill the hoses with 2-stroke oil.

+1
    K447 is correct, i didn't think about it being fuel injected which it is. Good thing I dont own a efi ski, probly would have burned it up by now.

My apologies for the misinformation. What I said only applies to carb'd skis.

+1
    ahh,ok thats good to know,could i attach a drill to the oil pump keyway and run the drill till the oil lines are full,then bolt the oil pump back on?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskihowie View Post
    ... could i attach a drill to the oil pump keyway and run the drill till the oil lines are full, then bolt the oil pump back on?
    Sure. Just don't damage anything while spinning the oil pump with the drill.

I don't think of the oil pump as being 'delicate' but if you hurt the oil pump, your engine will suffer. Get the direction of rotation correct and don't overdo it RPM wise.

The oil pump is variable rate with failsafe, so running the pump with the control arm disconnected allows the pump to run at 100% flow rate. Which is what you want when priming.

Make note (or take digital photos) of how the oil pump control arm is positioned before you disconnect. It is possible to install the oil pump with the control arm cable on the 'wrong' side, which doesn't work properly, of course.

+1
    Hows it going Howie?

how much did you get the msx for? I must have missed that on ebay!

+1
    Hello spencer, been looking for a msx 140 to replace the one stolen in Cyprus this one needs a bit of reassembly as the engine is out,but not fully dissasembled,the head bolt was snapped in the cylinder,and has been drilled out and rehelicoiled,whilst i have rebuilt more polaris 2strokes than i've had hot dinners,i have'nt done a fuel injected motor.if the cylinder going back on and reattaching the engine is all thats wrong with it i'll have done pretty good,if not i will be on here loads more!
    still would love to know what speed your getting from the Matrix....
    and finally thankyou K447 your knoledge is awesome.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information