Seadoo RXDI 2003 Ecu question

Hi everyone!
    Im new here.

Have recently bought a seadoo RXdi 2003.
    The seller told me it has around 120 hours, but has had the ecu replaced last year.
    The meter shows 268 and he said it because the new ecu.
    I was a bit suspect about that but the ski was in very good condition so i bought it anyway (get a good price)

Can this be true? I've reed that the older seadoos has the hours stored in the ecu, but if i had it replaced would it shows in the dash?

I meen it looks like it had less then 100 hours, but the hours are not everything, a ski with low hours can be messed with and be in bad condition.

Is it any way i can check the original hours for the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Swedoo View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Im new here.

The seller told me it has around 120 hours, but has had the ecu replaced last year.
    I was a bit suspect about that but the ski was in very good condition so i bought it anyway (get a good price)

Can this be true? I've reed that the older seadoos has the hours stored in the ecu, but if i had it replaced would it shows in the dash?

I meen it looks like it had less then 100 hours, but the hours are not everything, a ski with low hours can be messed with and be in bad condition.

Anyone who know??

Hi everyone!
    Im new here.

Anyone who know??
    Take pictures of the engine,inside hull,i mean a general vision of what's the engine and his components,normaly an engine with 268 hours need rebuild,in case of rebuild the studs of the cilinder head have no paint because was touch by a tool.
    There are a lot of external components of the engine wich in case of a rebuild don't end up like the original factory build,ex.(tie rap,hoses,gear clamps,etc)

On a 2003 RXDI, there are two hours counters, one in the dash gauge, the other in the ECU. The one in the ECU records the actual running time on the engine, the one in the dash gauge shows the actual time that the key has been on the post. This means that the hours on the gauge are always slightly higher than the hours in the ECU, because there are times that you have the key on the post when the engine is not running.

There is no synchronization between the two. The person that your bought the ski from is not telling the truth. If the gauge is the one that came with the ski, then your ski has well over 250 running hours on it. The only way that you can have a higher hours shown on the gauge is if the gauge was replaced, and the replacement gauge came from a ski with higher hours on it.

5. +1 by:

Thread Information