+1

Boost/AFR gauge with internal data logger

Shopping around for a boost gauge and found this, seems pretty nifty and has some sweet features. Anyone have any experience with it?

http://www.aemelectronics.com/gauges...safe-gauge-85/

Wideband Air/Fuel and Boost in One Gauge!

The Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge provides the ability to accurately tune AFR, while actively protecting your engine by constantly monitoring AFR curves and activating a user-defined failsafe strategy if it runs lean.
    The Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge is a Universal Exhaust Gas Oxygen (UEGO—“you-way-go”) controller with an internal boost sensor, an internal data logger and a full color Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) display. It includes technology to activate a failsafe strategy in the event AFR falls outside of a user-defined operating window. If the AFR falls outside of the set operating window, the Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge triggers a user defined output function that can save an engine from catastrophic damage.

failsafe is for turbo wastegate etc.....
    just use the std aem gauge for our application.
    they work great

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    failsafe is for turbo wastegate etc.....
    Thx! I was thinking it was something else.

no problem.....its gonna just send a signal to some sort of solenoid to actuate wastegate to limit boost.

If you search the forum you will find a lot of people who say not to use AEM gauges on a ski. I spoke with AEM in Feb regarding the use of their gauges in a watercraft. (I am a dealer for AEM and attend product shows every year) They do make a water/weather boot for the back of the gauge to protect against damage, but the front of the gauge is not rated as "water resistant". Many people have sealed their AEM gauges up and used them without a problem, but that all depends on how well of a job you do siliconing the gauge face. I put a wide band on my ski yesterday and went with the Innovate MTX-L, which is rated as "water resistant". (many write ups regarding the MTX-L gauge are on the forums) - hope that helps you.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by My09RXPX View Post
    If you search the forum you will find a lot of people who say not to use AEM gauges on a ski. I spoke with AEM in Feb regarding the use of their gauges in a watercraft. (I am a dealer for AEM and attend product shows every year) They do make a water/weather boot for the back of the gauge to protect against damage, but the front of the gauge is not rated as "water resistant". Many people have sealed their AEM gauges up and used them without a problem, but that all depends on how well of a job you do siliconing the gauge face. I put a wide band on my ski yesterday and went with the Innovate MTX-L, which is rated as "water resistant". (many write ups regarding the MTX-L gauge are on the forums) - hope that helps you.
    Thanks! definitely helps, appreciate the info.

Thread Information