+1

Jet drive hardware.. help!

Hey guys, I'm putting together the jet drive on my 1994 sea doo xp, that came in pieces. What are the O rings sizes for #11 and #35? Also, I'm missing a oil plug; What is the size and thread of #12? I picked up (3) M5 x 1.25 x 20 screws shown on #14. They don't screw in all of the way. Do I have the wrong thread pitch? Also, am I missing anything else for the oil cap? I saw a video where a spring was inserted into the cone.

I don't want to order these online because I have a tools crib at my job where I can probably find all of these things. If not, I can get it locally for cheap. If someone has a complete list of everything of the jet drive hardware sizes, that would be great.

In the future, I am going to have to ask a few of you guys to show me some pics of your engine bay's so I know where all of the hoses connect.

Thanks guys!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oring1.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	324919 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oring2.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	324918

+1
    The oil plug is a 1/16" pipe plug. Make sure that the plug and the screws are stainless, if they aren't stainless you will regret it later, trust me. Even in fresh water, USE STAINLESS bolts and fittings.
    Seadoomanuals.net has a manual, and the hose routings are in there... that's easy. The o-rings i have no idea, mostly because i just order them, assortments never seem to offer the correct size, profile, and composition all at once, and i find the orings on these things to be very important. #35 is your bailer oring, if it doesn't seal you sink... just an example. The vid you saw with a spring and some extra pieces is a cone with the "anti rattle" kit. It's not a requirement, but i like them. You have to have a cone designed for all the pieces to fit properly. The anti-rattle cones seem to help extend the life of the thrust bearing in the jet pumps.

BTW... that parts ski i have has a whole pump and all the bolts you need... and extras... It's missing the hood... short drive to BG...

+1
    @wkuadam07 Thanks for the info! I am going to pick up a parts ski in Louisville this weekend and it has the hood and jet drive system. I have no idea what condition it is in but I may have to take a trip to BG if this parts ski in Louisville is no good

+1
    Sounds good, a parts ski is a must... at least the way I operate it is... lol Shoot me a PM for my contact info just in case if you want to.

Thread Information