Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Picking up a GTX Ltd Is & RXP-X on Fri.

The GTX is a 14' and the RXP-X is a 13' leftover I got for a killer deal. I will be picking it up on Fri. and was curious if there is anything I should look out for at pickup?

Going to to be doing a lot of riding in salt water down in the Keys, wanting to be able to beach it lightly on small deserted islands out there, so I was wondering if you guys knew of some good products to help protect the skis.

I will update with pics of the two on the trailer on Fri.

Thanks in advance for any input.
    Ray

+1
    Welcome aboard the Hulk!!!

Congrats on 2 bad ass skis!!!
    See if the dealership will check the engine alignment before you pick them up,..
    I've seen a couple that were a little off from the factory.
    Max warranty on both and rip on!!!!
    Last edited by wotxxxsd; 03-20-2014 at 10:10 PM.

+1
    Make sure to get the max warranty on them. Remember to flush and anti corrosion spray is your friend. Enjoy

4. +1 by:

Thanks Guys. Yes I will be washing, flushing, and anti corrosion spraying them like a mad man. It will almost always be running in salt water, and the Dealership offers a 5 yr at $1025 per ski. The skis already have a 2 yr factory warranty due to an additional yr of warranty given as a promotion, so double coverage for the first 2 years and 3 years on the extended is cheap insurance for $2050.00 I think.

Are these Speed ties worth purchasing for the RXP-X or are their better alternatives?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper&Black View Post
    Thanks Guys. Yes I will be washing, flushing, and anti corrosion spraying them like a mad man. It will almost always be running in salt water, and the Dealership offers a 5 yr at $1025 per ski. The skis already have a 2 yr factory warranty due to an additional yr of warranty given as a promotion, so double coverage for the first 2 years and 3 years on the extended is cheap insurance for $2050.00 I think.

Are these Speed ties worth purchasing for the RXP-X or are their better alternatives?
    I can save you a little bit of $$$ on the warranty. PM me for details if interested.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the HULK.

Name:  295500589.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  7.5 KB

these may be an alternative to 'beaching' your 'Doos...

Get where you're going, put some sand in the bag, drop it in the water, hook your ski to it. Buoy helps you locate hook on returning from ride.

When you bail, you empty the sand from bag, quick rinse, and into the storage compartment until you need it again.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1430
    A Groco strainer will make sure that the I/C will stay clear should you stir-up/suck-up a bit of sand while beached, or in suddenly (too) shallow water.

+1
    Find a good place to put/leave the seats.

I was in FL. and wasn't able to properly air out my ski after rides = bad news. $1000.00 to repair corrosion damage.

I'd suggest even going as far as a couple of dedicated fans to blow down inside the hull(s) until dry.
    I am a bit paranoid, I guess - but thats 1/4 of a MoTEC.

Just make sure they're able to properly air out after rinsing/rides....

+1
    I would take the seat cover off the RXPX and have it wrapped in plastic too. The seat base has holes in it to drain any water from the foam but when you butt bounces on the seat, no matter how many times you flush the seat it will drip salt water residue all over your engine. It cost me about $75 to get mine done.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    Find a good place to put/leave the seats.

I was in FL. and wasn't able to properly air out my ski after rides = bad news. $1000.00 to repair corrosion damage.

I'd suggest even going as far as a couple of dedicated fans to blow down inside the hull(s) until dry.
    I am a bit paranoid, I guess - but thats 1/4 of a MoTEC.

Just make sure they're able to properly air out after rinsing/rides....
    I will be storing these in my building so I was planning on setting up a nice area with rack space for the seats and wet stuff to air out. I could easily set up a couple small fans on a timer for when I tuck it away for next week.

I am also paranoid, and I have made a habit of trying to keep everything I own in tip top shape.

Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    Welcome to the HULK.

Name:  295500589.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  7.5 KB

these may be an alternative to 'beaching' your 'Doos...

Get where you're going, put some sand in the bag, drop it in the water, hook your ski to it. Buoy helps you locate hook on returning from ride.

When you bail, you empty the sand from bag, quick rinse, and into the storage compartment until you need it again.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1430
    A Groco strainer will make sure that the I/C will stay clear should you stir-up/suck-up a bit of sand while beached, or in suddenly (too) shallow water.
    Nice, I knew there had to be an alternative. I need to get two of them. Now I just need to figure out a decent way of transporting cooler, chairs and umbrella on the back of the GTX.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I would take the seat cover off the RXPX and have it wrapped in plastic too. The seat base has holes in it to drain any water from the foam but when you butt bounces on the seat, no matter how many times you flush the seat it will drip salt water residue all over your engine. It cost me about $75 to get mine done.
    Good call

+1
    http://hydro-trailer.com/?cat=3

this could be what you're looking for...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information