Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Does this ladder works???

My SeaDoo came with no ladder (boarding step) and I was thinking about putting one on it, but when I found out that it was about $230 I started looking at other cheaper temporary options and found this. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-18-15-10-56.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	453.7 KB 
ID:	324937

+1
    If you don't want to purchase the OEM ladder this is your best option for $149.75.

http://www.aquaperformance.com/pwcpricelist.html#seadoo

There is no way I would use some cheap ass rope ladder on a $14,000 ski….just saying!

The OEM ladder works great and you can install it yourself in less than an hour, do it right.

3. +1 by:

+1
    I put an Aqua Performance step on our 08 TX. Seems just as good as OEM.

Dude have you gotten this thing out on the water yet? Quit looking for mods/upgrades for a week and enjoy the thing!

6. +1 by:

+1
    Real men don't use ladders!!!!!!:yay2:

I don't use ladders, but many of my larger customers need to. I like that idea, and am going to make one of those rope ladders and start carrying it from now on. Just yesterday had a tour where a lady had difficulty getting on. I ended up standing on the bottom, and she stood on my shoulders to get up. Holding your breath while a lady uses you like a ladder, is just as Scary as it sounds. Ive Had football players and other muscle men not be able to pull themselves up and need to be towed back into to shore...

+1
    jajaja Kwtony that's exactly what I'm trying to prevent, because I know I can get on easily, but my lady and kid are going to have some difficulty. I saw those rope ladders for about $25 to $30 and I thought it might be a good option until I can get the OEM one. Budget is tight right know and I'm looking for a second option.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpman View Post
    ... I saw those rope ladders for about $25 to $30 and I thought it might be a good option until I can get the OEM one. Budget is tight right now and I'm looking for a second option.
    Perhaps you can make your own rope ladder.

It is not that complex a thing. If you know (or learn) how to link/splice rope sections and choose a good material for the 'steps'.

Tip: Choose a soft flexible marine grade rope, not the cheap nylon stuff.

+1
    Get the real boarding step! But until then if you can't get one now get the rope ladder. It should work fine. Work with your kids and have them practice reboarding...they should be able to figure it out pretty easy. Just show and teach them a proper technique and I'm sure they can do it with some practice. It's really not too hard.

Anyways...I've tested one of these and it worked so I'm sure the one you're talking about will work too. Thing is once you get back on the ski...you have to be able to turn around and roll it back up with these types of ladders. You just can't leave it unrolled and in the water. To me that would be harder and more aggravating then making sure the lady and kid learned how to reboard...just sayin'.

+1
    I will, thanks Q in Arizona. Do you guys think that the tow loop will hold? I mean, that little piece is going to be holding the ladder and I'm 6'1 about 195 pounds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information