Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: vxr prop swap ?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    284
    +1
    2

    vxr prop swap ?

    is there any gain in performance by swapping out the stock prop with a stock tune. I don't plan on remapping the tune because I don't want to run 93 octane.


  2. #2
    1200 stx-r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NWCT
    Posts
    2,517
    +1
    200
    With ur mods yes there will be. Picking the right pitch prop is the tricky part......i would def go with a skat.

  3. #3
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163
    I wish Bruce would sell me one of his. Lol

  4. #4
    1200 stx-r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NWCT
    Posts
    2,517
    +1
    200
    All i have on the shelf is a 15/18 skat...oldschool tried it but no good....i think i am gonna get it reworked and try a diff pitch..
    Last edited by 1200 stx-r; 03-21-2014 at 06:31 AM.

  5. #5
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post
    All i have on the shelf is a 15/18 skat...oldschool tried it but no good....i think i am gonna get it reworked and try a diff pitch..
    Yeah I would repitch it to lol

  6. #6
    1200 stx-r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NWCT
    Posts
    2,517
    +1
    200
    It worked good till i put a little more to it. Its crazy how .5 of a degree can help so much..it was a diff acceleration feeling once i went to the 14.5/17.5 i will prob just get this one bent to that same angle so i have a spare.....as for the O.P. try a 13/16 skat. ...jarrett showed good results and a couple others have too. Once u get captain cavitation as a copilot it sucks !!!

  7. #7
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163
    So you ended up with the 14.5/17.5 as your favorite? I have a custom Solas I how to try soon.

  8. #8
    Jarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX
    Posts
    3,011
    +1
    77
    I've got some props for sale. Couple Skat 13/16's and a prototype that Skat worked up for me for more top end. Think it was a 14/17R. All direct from still in the boxes.

  9. #9
    Vroooooom! CougarKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Disfuction Junction AZ
    Posts
    413
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I've got some props for sale. Couple Skat 13/16's and a prototype that Skat worked up for me for more top end. Think it was a 14/17R. All direct from still in the boxes.
    How mucho for one of those 13/16? ... I still haven't got around to ordering one

  10. #10
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by CougarKiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I've got some props for sale. Couple Skat 13/16's and a prototype that Skat worked up for me for more top end. Think it was a 14/17R. All direct from still in the boxes.
    How mucho for one of those 13/16? ... I still haven't got around to ordering one
    225$ shipped

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How-to: Pump Pulling - Wear Ring Swap - Prop Swapping
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 07:29 PM
  2. rxp-x wont idle after prop swap
    By lightning666 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 03:47 PM
  3. Prop Swapping
    By lakegastonrxp in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 07:31 PM
  4. Prop Swap
    By Xman in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 07:05 AM
  5. 2001 prop swap with 2005 1300r
    By Hydrotherapy in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •