Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Watercraft Security...

How do you guys secure your PWC?

I have the trailer secured to stainless steel anchor 6' in the ground.
    Trailer hitch ball lock & always parked in the driveway with a vehicle in front of the trailer. (No other choice)
    Are gps trackers an option?
    Possibly thinking bout renting storage until but I love the accessibility of my driveway/house

+1
    Yes, GPS trackers are an option but you would have to find a motorcycle dealer near you that installs them. My fiance use to work for a Harley finance company and they would install them on customers who had bad credit so they could find the bike if the stopped paying.

You must live in a REALLY bad area of town if you have the trailer locked to a poll 6 ft in the ground, lock on the trailer and a car in front of the trailer and your still worried about it being stolen?????????

Banned User
    +1
    No, he just lives in Florida, the ski theft capital of the world.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Yes, GPS trackers are an option but you would have to find a motorcycle dealer near you that installs them. My fiance use to work for a Harley finance company and they would install them on customers who had bad credit so they could find the bike if the stopped paying.

You must live in a REALLY bad area of town if you have the trailer locked to a poll 6 ft in the ground, lock on the trailer and a car in front of the trailer and your still worried about it being stolen?????????
    Miami/Ft Laud....it's about that time of the year when riding gets a little more active and unfortunately so does the thieves. Personally my neighborhood is nice but that's where "they" go for nice things.

Just wanna protect my investments

+1
    It is sad to have to be so protective above normal means. I think you seem to be doing all that you can. I guess that is when insurance is really the only smart choice. I just don't worry and often say that is what insurance is for. Take some pics of your current security measures so if ever needed .... to give to insurance co. Now sleep well @ night.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

Theft report and recovery preparation, documentation

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    It is sad to have to be so protective above normal means. I think you seem to be doing all that you can. I guess that is when insurance is really the only smart choice. I just don't worry and often say that is what insurance is for. Take some pics of your current security measures so if ever needed .... to give to insurance co. Now sleep well @ night.
    May I suggest you prepare a document package to use in the event the skis and/or trailer 'disappear'.

Clear photos of each machine, separately. Not only for the police, but also to be posted online with a 'have you seen this watercraft?' notices.

Write down all the numbers for each machine.
    HIN number from the rear deck, the engine serial number, the hull numbers on the outside.
    Serial numbers or identifying aspects of anything else you have on or with the watercraft (GPS, engine control module, etc).

Proper written description for each watercraft. Much easier to do when you are looking at the machine than when the machine is 'missing' and you are in a rush.

Trailer VIN number, make, model, year, proof of ownership, License plate number. DOT serial numbers from each tire sidewall. If there is a dealer sticker on the trailer, make note.

Clear photos of just the trailer, without watercraft. Photo of the VIN plate, views from several angles.

Make notes of unusual or custom aspects such as a trailer box, the specific locks you use, etc.

On a separate page collect all the important insurance info. Telephone numbers to call, policy numbers, name and office of the insurance agent, etc.

What you want to have is a comprehensive set of notes that allows you to notify and report when needed without scrambling for anything, it is all right there.

I suggest you print out all these and put into an envelope. Store the envelope in your vehicle or home, as appropriate. If the theft occurs while your are away from home, you want quick access.

You can also store the same info in a folder or document online, such as Google Drive, Dropbox or whatever. This makes it easy to instantly email the info to whoever may need it, without delay. Even if you are not near your home.

+1
    I'm storing my new boat in a garage in Florida and this is great information. When I was getting insurance quotes, one company would only cover theft if the boat was stolen from a locked garage!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brittrich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

Miami/Ft Laud....it's about that time of the year when riding gets a little more active and unfortunately so does the thieves. Personally my neighborhood is nice but that's where "they" go for nice things.

Just wanna protect my investments
    I'm glad some people understand that.

+1
    there are a few threads on this subject if you look around. but the most important rule for trailer security is: do as much as you can. every security measure you have adds time for a thief to steal. the longer it would take them to steal, the less attractive it is because it increases their chance of getting caught. they will move on to your neighbor who just has one lock and steal that.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Wheel locks are always a good addition.

Link

Link

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information