+1

Performance Ride Plates & Intake Grates

Does performance ride plates & intake grates REALLY make a difference and HOW? (If added to any STOCK unit)
    I can sorta see how intake grate possibly could but can't yet see a ride plate doing much of anything. Please educate me.

+1
    Ride plate is exactly that, where the ski rides at speed. From factory the angle is not correct which forces more hull in the water slowing you down. A modified ride plate has the bosses milled down for proper angle and is usually polished. YOu will gain between 1 and 5mph depending on the plate, the other mods and the hull.

+1
    Hello Brittrich, I know you have a sea doo .... but if you really want to understand the How & Why ride plates matter, go to the Yamaha section, look up the 2 stroke section. look @ the list of sticky's .... scroll down to to see the one about ride angle. Then read about how ride angle effects your ride & performance. The facts are the same for any ski ... Sea Doo, Kawi, Yammy. Hope this helps

+1
    Most guys focus on peak speed and select a plate and/or grate accordingly. But these components also have a dramatic affect on how the boat handles in the turns and rough water. The manufacturer designs the components to make the boat safe to ride and to control speeds in certain conditions. Each rider can select the components to suit their needs for speed and handling. For example, I put a grate on my FZS in part to keep the pump primed a higher percent of the time which gives higher speed in the rough stuff. I put a plate on my FZR to reduce the pitching of the bow in the rough so the pump stays hooked a higher percent of the time. I put a plate on my STX-15F to improve cornering ability and reduce pitching. This dramatically improves the handling because the stock plate is literally just a slab of aluminum. I think a good analogy is the plate and grate affect the boat's performance just like a set of tires do on a car.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    Most guys focus on peak speed and select a plate and/or grate accordingly. But these components also have a dramatic affect on how the boat handles in the turns and rough water. The manufacturer designs the components to make the boat safe to ride and to control speeds in certain conditions. Each rider can select the components to suit their needs for speed and handling. For example, I put a grate on my FZS in part to keep the pump primed a higher percent of the time which gives higher speed in the rough stuff. I put a plate on my FZR to reduce the pitching of the bow in the rough so the pump stays hooked a higher percent of the time. I put a plate on my STX-15F to improve cornering ability and reduce pitching. This dramatically improves the handling because the stock plate is literally just a slab of aluminum. I think a good analogy is the plate and grate affect the boat's performance just like a set of tires do on a car.

Awesome. Thanks guys

Thread Information