+1

Adjustable Venturi...?

What's the difference between buying different size rings for $40 each from Skat and the $300+ Riva Adjustable Nozzle with the rings included? Do you have to have the adjustable nozzle to run the different sized rings? I was thinking I could just buy the 81mm because the overall consensus is that it's the best for top speed. I would be spending $40 for the ring I wanted instead of spending over $300 for 3 sizes. I know there's a loop hole in my logic. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    What's the difference between buying different size rings for $40 each from Skat and the $300+ Riva Adjustable Nozzle with the rings included? Do you have to have the adjustable nozzle to run the different sized rings? I was thinking I could just buy the 81mm because the overall consensus is that it's the best for top speed. I would be spending $40 for the ring I wanted instead of spending over $300 for 3 sizes. I know there's a loop hole in my logic. What am I missing?
    I dont think the adjustable venturi is for speed even though the 81mm gives u more speed when the prop is pitched to it. Its PURPOSE is more for rpm adjustability instead of having to take the pump off and bending ure prop u can just change ure ring real quick and acheive ure desired rpms which sometimes helps with weather changes or minor hop ups which give u like a 100 rpms instead of having to pitch ure prop put a different ring in and be done with it. Quick and simple. I could be wrong but thats how i see it. Skat gives you 5 rings for the same price of the riva one which gives u 3.

+1
    i know it's purpose is to be able to adjust rpms instead of changing prop pitch but i was thinking since the best results are 81 mm and pitch accordingly why don't i just get the 1 ring and throw it on there, pitch my prop accordingly and be done with it. i've gone two whole seasons already without pitching my prop

my only concern is do you need to change anything about the nozzle to make any single ring fit?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    i know it's purpose is to be able to adjust rpms instead of changing prop pitch but i was thinking since the best results are 81 mm and pitch accordingly why don't i just get the 1 ring and throw it on there, pitch my prop accordingly and be done with it. i've gone two whole seasons already without pitching my prop

my only concern is do you need to change anything about the nozzle to make any single ring fit?
    Because the venturi is machined to accept the rings they will not work on a stock set up, you need both parts to make the rings work.

PPG will machine the nozzle for $100. and the 81mm ring is 40 from skat. you try to get it done locally but i wasnt too impressed with mine that i had done locally. they dont understand that the transition from the nozzle to the ring must be perfectly smooth or you will have ill effects and essentially defeat the purpose of doing the nozzle mod in the first place.
    i still have my machined nozzle layin around, i was able to score a used stock nozzle for cheap.

Thread Information