Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

2006 Seadoo RXP...ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Just bought a 2006 RXP with only 36 hours. So clean you can eat off of it.
    I've owned only GTX's because of wife and kids but it was finally time to step up my game.
    Why didn't anybody tell me what I've been missing???? This machine is A BEAST!!!! I'm so in love.

NOBODY'S touching this but me. Back off wifey, sorry.

Question though...does this model year have the much unheralded plastic supercharger washers?
    if so, what kind of service bill am I looking at when its time to service the sc and change them to the metal washers?

Any other idiosyncrasies with this model & year that you guys know of that I should look out for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	325189  

+1
    Don't even start it again.
    Pull the sc, and get the washers replaced right away!
    Wouldn't be a bad idea to change oil and filter now as well unless you have a service record saying it was done recently.

3. +1 by:

+1

Cool

Don't even crank it again until the s/c is completely rebuilt. Washers and bearings everytime.
    If those ceramic washers fail its a 2k+++ fix and the motor has to come out... its a royal pita when they break.
    Don't even crank it...Its no joke!!!!

Also don't let a dealership doooo the s/c rebuild. 9 out of 10 dealerships have not so good techs.

Send your s/c to Jerry (greenhulk) and you know it will be done right!!!!

Congrats on a bad ass ski... you have officially been bitten by the speed bug...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Don't even crank it again until the s/c is completely rebuilt. Washers and bearings everytime.
    If those ceramic washers fail its a 2k+++ fix and the motor has to come out... its a royal pita when they break.
    Don't even crank it...
    Also don't let a dealership doooo the s/c rebuild. 9 out of 10 dealerships have not so good techs.

Congrats on a bad ass ski... you have officially been bitten by the speed bug...
    THIS

It takes about 10-15 minutes to get the supercharger off......do yourself a favor and listen to the above guys advice.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Correct,Have the whole charger rebuilt..It will have the updated spring washers,clutches and Viton seal.....Then you will have a peice of mind knowing your Scer is good to go for a while..

Congrats on your new ski! DONT START THE SKI or WILL DAMAGE YOUR MOTOR! Send in your supercharger to Jerry! He will get it done in a day and right way! Here's more info about this supercharger rebuilt! http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146938

+1
    2006 is the crossover period for valve update. You should confirm that the exhaust valves are the updated ones by pulling the valve cover and checking the ID number on the end. If it starts with 75 good, 72 bad. What build date is on the engine plate?

+1
    Thanks guys. Will do.
    @Sayers, I'll check for that I.D .# and build date tomorrow during daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by 4skis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Don't even crank it...

THIS

It takes about 10-15 minutes to get the supercharger off......do yourself a favor and listen to the above guys advice.
    Don't be telling a newbie it only takes 10-15 minutes to get the supercharger off. That is the time it takes if you know what you are doing, you have the right tool and technique to get the top torx bolt out, the T-clamp pops off the exhaust easy, you know how to pop the band off the waterbox quickly, and the supercharger comes out of the bore easy. I have had some that have taken me an hour to get off and I know what I am doing.

+1
    congrats!!

i got a 04 rxp as a project ski for son and me to work on..

i find myself grinning ear to ear as u sweep thru turns, elbows nearly touching the water spray in your face.. great fun.

we have hammered this ski for over 40hours in engine run time and had a blast..

its a shame this has been lost on the newer hulls

Quote Originally Posted by brittrich View Post
    Just bought a 2006 RXP with only 36 hours. So clean you can eat off of it.
    I've owned only GTX's because of wife and kids but it was finally time to step up my game.
    Why didn't anybody tell me what I've been missing???? This machine is A BEAST!!!! I'm so in love.

NOBODY'S touching this but me. Back off wifey, sorry.

Question though...does this model year have the much unheralded plastic supercharger washers?
    if so, what kind of service bill am I looking at when its time to service the sc and change them to the metal washers?

Any other idiosyncrasies with this model & year that you guys know of that I should look out for?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information