Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Don't pee in my Pool 150ofUltra's Avatar

Talking Just a few questions before I put everything back together. Ultra150

So just a few questions.
    First, the grease to put on the drive shaft before sliding the pump on. I have Corrosion block, blue grease. for my wheel bearings. I was told it would work. Just want a second opinion.

Second, I plan on running about 4-5 gallons of 50:1, while my oils lines get filled. Sound good?

Third, Is there anyone around Ft. Myers Fl that wants to be my buddy for a test ride.

I moved to Fl two years ago. Brought the ski down from Missouri last year. I just rebuilt my motor. This is my first build. I had an experienced friend help me with the motor. So I'm not worried about the motor. But hes moved and I've put it all back in. And it would just be nice to have a guiding hand to make sure I haven't botched the job. I followed the Manual with everything I had to do.
    And anyway I still need friends to ride with. I want to go to Jet Ski bash 2014 in St. Petersburg if I can. I've been riding ski since i was 10 (92 Kawi TS650). And then a 900zxi, and now the Ultra 150 that I don't ever want to part with. Oh yeah I'm 30 now, so twenty years experience. I considered myself a good and cautious rider. But love going fast and jumping waves.

So if someone is willing to help me out I would appreciate it. And would do something for you too, like beer or food, smoke. I have a double trailer but its not galvanized. So we can put your ski on but we would need to go to some freshwater.

Looking forward to meeting some people to play with. I just realized I wrote a personal add.

+1
    Fill the oil lines! If you overhauled the engine, you need to add pre-mix in addition to the injection.

If you went into the crankcase, did you fill the balance shaft bearings with oil?

Yeah I put oil in the front and rear chambers. So I'm going to bleed the oil pump, then hold it in WOT (the oil pump). I don't have any other way to fill the lines. My gas is about 43:1, it's only 4 gallons. And I'm getting ready to start it. So I'll let you know if it goes BOOM!

+1
    Go to a pharmacy and get a syringe with the needle removed.

5. +1 by:

Too late. I pulled the plugs and sprayed some mix in the cylinders. I bleed the oil pump and held it at full. But thats not important now as I took a chance on one thing when reassembling the motor. I had removed the magneto from the flywheel. I had it marked but it got mostly rubbed off. And yes i put the flywheel on first then bolted to magneto to it. I looked and pics in the manual making sure it looked right. I thought I had found my make too, but with the way it was idling. I'm pretty sure I need to pull the motor and put it on again. But the good news is it did idle. A blip of throttle and it would die, but...... I don't know, whatever. My fault!

Now I just need to find a way to pull this motor and I no longer have access to a hoist. So please, anyone around Ft. Myers FL. I need your help.

Steve45 thanks for your posts. Now and from the past couple years. I appreciate it.

Is there a harborfrieght aroubd you? I grabbed a 1 ton engine hoist for 120 bucks and it has paid for itself!

I bleed my oil lines just like you do, premix and allow idle with the oil pump fully open. Never had an issue on the 6 1200's in our fleet

Harbor freight want $170 here. Also i live in an apartment. I have no room, and would rather not spend that much. The ski is in my parents garage right now. But that's only because there out of town. It gets stored outside regularly.

So i can rent a engine hoist for $31 a day. I would do that no problem as long as I for sure knew that i could get the flywheel off, and back on in a day. I'm just worried that i would have issues not being able to hold the crank firmly. I live in Fort Myers. I can trailer the ski anywhere if someone can help me. If I save that hoist rental price and the flywheel holder part price. I could pay you. So I offer $50 bucks, and I'll pay so we can take my ski and yours to go ride.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 150ofUltra View Post
    So i can rent a engine hoist for $31 a day. I would do that no problem as long as I for sure knew that i could get the flywheel off, and back on in a day. I'm just worried that i would have issues not being able to hold the crank firmly. I live in Fort Myers. I can trailer the ski anywhere if someone can help me. If I save that hoist rental price and the flywheel holder part price. I could pay you. So I offer $50 bucks, and I'll pay so we can take my ski and yours to go ride.
    I always used a ratcheting come along hanging from a support beam in my garage. Could probably use a tree if not a garage. cheap come along is like $20.

No suitable tree limbs around. And my parents would be pissed if they came back to find a beam and hoist on the ceiling. I did have an idea on stopping crank from spinning. Take off one of the heads and stuff the cylinder with rags. Put the head back on, and no spin. But would the fly wheel pull off with out that puller. They wouldn't make if you could just slide it off. SBT took it off when they rebuilt the crank. They looked at my funny when I brought it in with it still on.

Any one have a flywheel puller they could mail out. I could compensate you through a paypal payment, and mail it back to you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information