Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

Venting...USPS, WTF happened???

I need to vent. I am frustrated, pissed....and worried.

For years I have been sending stuff out USPS, paypal shipping, click-n-ship...no issues at all, EVER!!

Sure they may have gotten a day or two behind on tracking, but all my items have always made it to their location...both national and international...

In the last 2 weeks I have sent out over 13 shipments, with 3 of them being international....2 internationals were the rounds stuff I sent out roughly tuesday/wednesday of last week....They have arrived at their destinatinos...

The end of last week I pack a few things up, go to make a shipping label through paypal...You know, click here to make a shipping label...I click everything, and now time for the pop up page where you click to send to the printer......ERROR.

HUH, try again.....ERROR, can not communicate with host....

After several tries, I find that if you try to reprint a label 5 times, Paypal will not allow you anymore and automatically VOID the label...

So I do some research, find that the USPS website is having issues.....OKAY, I'll wait till tomorrow.

Next day, try again (charge myself shipping AGAIN)....same issue.....ERROR.

Before I get any farther (you know, 5 times)....I check online to see what other people are experiencing....Come to find out the entire country has been having issues for going on 15 hours, started the previous night (when I was shipping)....Once guy chimed in and said that if you are using Firefox (which I am) to not use it, and use IE.......

So I try IE....Guess what, goes through......YES! I print my labels, drop them off at my local annex building (drop and go for prepay)....

Over the next few days, I do the same thing....Do it all in IE, drop shipments off.....Various locations, depending on where I was that day for work.....

I even had one shipment that someone paid cash for, so I went to the USPS website, made a clink-n-ship label, paid for it with paypal....did it in IE, no problem....

Here is the problem.........

Its now the end of the week, and I have checked all my tracking numbers.......and other than the "had received electronic notification", or a few 'accepted at XXXXX location".............

NO TRACKING UPDATES!!!!
    NO PRODUCT DELIVERY!!!!
    NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

Members are contacting me asking where their stuff is, and I can't find stuff...........

How the hell does almost a DOZEN items, shipped from the same website..........go missing?

MEANWHILE....The one item that I did ship through USPS, the click-n-ship......It made it there today, with full updates on the website all week long..........

I'm stressed out, pissed off...........

+1
    The USPS has been very disappointing in the last year. I have had no less than 10 carriers for my business in the last 6 years and only 2 has given me the impression that he had half a brain.

There service has deteriorated badly as well. I send a lot of name badges out parcel post. Locals shipments can take as much as a week to get to my clients and then they complain to me about my service and turnaround time, so what I have started doing is emailing my clients when the shipment goes out. I don't normally track these items.

About a month ago I received a name badge back to me for not enough postage. I sent that name badge out in November! Needless to say I had to send out a replacement badges to my client, which she eventually got.

Last December I sent out a regular piece of mail that only had to go across the street and down a block and it took a week!

The USPS needs to be revamped and streamlined, they keep raising the rates, yet the service is going down.

So it doesn't seem like it's any different down here in FL.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Its not just shipping; service, virtually everywhere, seems to suck, or is quickly approaching it.

Go to your local gas station/mini-mart, fast-food, dept. stores...service everywhere sucks.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I need to vent. I am frustrated, pissed....and worried.

For years I have been sending stuff out USPS, paypal shipping, click-n-ship...no issues at all, EVER!!

....I check online to see what other people are experiencing....Come to find out the entire country has been having issues for going on 15 hours, started the previous night (when I was shipping)....Once guy chimed in and said that if you are using Firefox (which I am) to not use it, and use IE.......
    When an online service has an internal problem or failure, which could be from any number of causes, it is often best to back away and wait.

Trying to force the online service to work is asking for trouble.

In this case it is sounding like something in the internal web/payment/shipping service plumbing was broken, so it is possible that some or all of those shipment labels were in fact not properly handled internally.

The shipment 'numbers' (tracking, payment, etc) may not actually be associated with anything. Perhaps somewhere in USPS there are a bunch of people manually trying to repair the broken info and get the physical shipments re-aligned with the online tracking data. Depending on what is borked, they may be unable to do anything other than return the shipments.

There is enormous complexity within a payments system, with numerous verifications and other dependencies. Sometimes stuff gets sideways and it can take a while to be properly fixed.

How long depends, could be minutes, hours, days. I have seen online stuff remain partially broken for weeks or months, until someone on the inside finally figures it out!
    Last edited by K447; 03-23-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    Its not just shipping; service, virtually everywhere, seems to suck, or is quickly approaching it.

Go to your local gas station/mini-mart, fast-food, dept. stores...service everywhere sucks.
    This place is still pretty good.

+1
    Usps guys in the past took pride in there jobs...

+1
    Government + union = expensive failure.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    You right about that!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...s-push-reform/

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    Its called government forcing the USPS to fully fund the pension 75 years into the future is what is bankrupting the USPS. I believe this was done in 2006, but you never hear anyone talk about that. If they were finding their pension at normal levels, they would be very profitable. Look it up. There is not enough money to provide the service we have come to expect from them.

11. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Usps guys in the past took pride in there jobs...
    I worked as a USPS mail carrier from December 2012 to December 2013. I literally went through hell and back for an entire year. I worked my ass off delivering to over 500 houses a day no matter what the weather was. I always took pride in my job, delivering to everyone with a smile.

We were all treated like crap by managers and supervisors.

i had one customer who wanted to fight me because I accidentally walked on his lawn. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to since it wasn't my usual route and no one told me. I had countless other customers yell at me asking where their checks or packages were when the stuff I was given to deliver was out of my control.

I also received a $6 pay drop off my hourly pay due to a new contract signing last April, and there was nothing I could do about it. The union only has so much control with this job. It's a really horrible job and people have no idea what mail carriers go through walking up to 500+ houses 6 days a week.

As for the problems Danny had, I'm sorry what happened but it's unfair of you to judge them like that. Millions of things are delivered everyday and some stuff is going to fall through the cracks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information