Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

What's longest anyone has gone before rebuilding SC?

How long (hours and/or years) has anyone gone before rebuilding their supercharged ski without experiencing any problems? Just curiwithous cuz my recently purchased RXP only has 32 hrs but some seem 2 think it's a must do now instead of waiting for the 100 hr mark. (It's 2006)

Of course I'll do & pay what's necessary 2 protect my investment but is it that big of an issue?? Seadoo dropped the ball that bad with these units??

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    If it's never been rebuilt...... get it rebuilt! That originally had ceramic washers..... and your playing with a time bomb running those. I've seen them last 100's of hours, and I've also seen them fail in under 5 hours....... the gamble is up to you. Those washers make a huge mess in the engine when they let go!

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    If it's never been rebuilt...... get it rebuilt! That originally had ceramic washers..... and your playing with a time bomb running those. I've seen them last 100's of hours, and I've also seen them fail in under 5 hours....... the gamble is up to you. Those washers make a huge mess in the engine when they let go!
    +1

+1
    I would take the advise that has been given to you. This site has some of the most knowledgeable members on the internet and would not steer ya wrong...

+1
    For sure! I have a 06 GTX SC and bought it after the previous owner blew the SC within 10 hr. He had it professional rebuilt and now after 144 hrs I lost oil pressure and he cause was the shop he used never completely cleaned the engine of all the bearing debris. Costly to repair now, yes. Worth the expensive of buy a new machine. Priceless.

+1

Cool

I've seen ceramic washers fail at 10hrs... its a 2k++++fix once they fail. Its not a matter of if they will fail but when???
    Your risking a 2k++++fix every time you hit that start button until you rebuild.
    Dooo bearings and washers every time....

Tick tick BOOOM .
    I just this last week had a friends 06 rxt with ceramics completely rebuilt and now hes good for the next 100 hrs.. he only had 37 on his 06rxt with ceramics.
    Bearings n washers!!!!
    Last edited by wotxxxsd; 03-23-2014 at 08:10 PM.

8. +1 by:

+1
    If you could use the S/C until it failed and just rebuild it I would run mine until it died unfortunately when they fail the damage done to the engine internals can get very expensive very fast. Rebuild it and have piece of mine for the next 100hrs.

I got my 04 RXP last year and the first thing I did was send the S/C to Jerry for a rebuild, ski had 94 hours and still had the original ceramics in it.

+1
    Its not only the washers to be worried about but the bearings too...they are just as prone to failure at that age as the ceramics are..you have a ticking time bomb on your hands and if you dont get it out and rebuilt ASAP you will be on here in the near future asking what you have to do to fix your motor after your Scer let go....The new kits have been updated too,they now come with metal clutches,stronger spring washers and a front Viton oil seal...everything you need to build a safe and reliable Scer..

11. +1 by:

+1
    Bought my '07 RXT from its original owner last year, with 120hrs, and I put 17hrs on it last year.
    So that was 6yrs/137hrs.

I'm a gambling man, and there was zero evidence of a S/C rebuild when I bought it, but I already took the old washers out and they're not magnetic, so they're still ceramic. Ski ran 8100rpms with zero problems last year.

It's all a gamble.

+1
    Its an expensive gamble......Pay 300 now,or 3000 later...your gamble..You guys have to remember,it NOT just the washers BUT the bearings also....these bearings spin 40,000 + RPMs for hours on end..these little FAG bearings are gonna fatigue and eventually let go cause just as much or more damage than the washer will/can....Its not always just the washers in these things..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information