Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73
  1. #1

    Need advice gtr 215 or rxp

    Hey guys looking at getting back in the game, locall shop gave me a good deal on a gtr 215 2013 for 10k.

    also I found locally a 2006 rxp black n gold for 4500 with only 12 hours but it's all stock I hear the washers will fail.


    also I'd get a full 2 year warrinty going new and all the good sc parts.

    anyone that has a gtr 215 how do u like it.


  2. #2
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    I've ridden a few gtr skis and they are bad ass water rockets..

    06 rxp with that low of hrs could be a very bad deal... Skis dont like to sit unused..

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    Derek45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    MO. Mark Twain, LOTO
    Posts
    461
    +1
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    I've ridden a few gtr skis and they are bad ass water rockets..

    06 rxp with that low of hrs could be a very bad deal... Skis dont like to sit unused..
    Is there a reason for this, On Seadoos? other then Posibly Ethonal Gas being not good in a ski, just wanting to know of anything I should on low Hour Seadoo Four Strokes? thanks

  5. #4
    brendanm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    738
    +1
    149
    Sitting around just gives everything a chance to corrode.

  6. +1 by:


  7. #5
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    Moisture getting into the exhaust valves then the ski sits and then they can corrode.. you crank it and it runs great but for how long before that valve fails..
    Also some people change out guages to make the ski appear like it has low hours when it doesn't.
    I've seen quite a few low hour skis that the compression was off due to the owner not fogging the motor prior to storage. Valves and cylinders start to corrode.. these are water toys and water is there worst enemy..

  8. +1 by:


  9. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Moisture getting into the exhaust valves then the ski sits and then they can corrode.. you crank it and it runs great but for how long before that valve fails..
    Also some people change out guages to make the ski appear like it has low hours when it doesn't.
    I've seen quite a few low hour skis that the compression was off due to the owner not fogging the motor prior to storage. Valves and cylinders start to corrode.. these are water toys and water is there worst enemy..

    Well ill we know this guy personally he's only took it out 2 times it ready to go but he prob has not done anything with the washers. So what's the better ride the gtr or the rxp

  10. #7
    brendanm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    738
    +1
    149
    Buy the gtr. Brand new, nothing to worry about, charger is good for 100 hours, has the good valves, has ibr. I can't think of any negatives.

  11. #8
    How does the gtr compare in the water to a rxp handling wise

  12. #9
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    Did your friend fog the motor before it sat?
    If not I bet there is corrosion inside the motor...

  13. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Did your friend fog the motor before it sat?
    If not I bet there is corrosion inside the motor...

    It it was serviced for winter b4 being put up

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Opinions GTR 215 or RXP X260
    By holdmeback in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2015, 04:37 PM
  2. GTR 215 or RXP-X??
    By duramaxxed in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 10:10 PM
  3. 2013 GTR 215 or 2013 RXP X 260
    By Dilba in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 10:23 AM
  4. 2013 GTR 215 or RXP X 260
    By Dilba in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-13-2013, 06:42 PM
  5. What to buy Sea doo GTR 215 or the sea doo wake pro 215
    By Gareth Forsyth in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 05:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •