Smile need some help guys...

lat season I bought a 94 polaris 750 sl. its in overall great condition, 36 hours! but it had been out in the conditions for quite awhile, and the paint and seats and such have been affected, so here are my questions... any reccomendations for OEM, or aftermarket rub rail trim? i have a guy that will redo the seats, but it will also need a paint job, any idea how much I'll be looking at for that? just a basic one color, and I'll decal the rest, I just want an idea so I dont get screwed. Also last question... it runs great but when I come out of a no wake zone, ill depress the throttle and it will rev high but not accelerate... is this a grate or intake prob? seems like its trying to pull in water but its not getting enough... only takes a few seconds and then it will leap out of the water and run great.... any ideas for my questions greatly appreciated, anyone in NW new yourk hit me up, we can go ride this summer..... take care all minersny "sam"

welp depends you could always get a case of shakey , an a new seat cover from hydro turf an mats 2 , but rub rails are hard 2 come by , might hit up or friend john zigler ,

if they are complelty torn off just get sum vinly die 2 make not look so chity

the rails are in good shape, i would just paint them but not sure how it would hold up against the elements.... ive seen the hydro turf covers and they look nice, wasnt sure what else was out their... thanks for the help!!!

+1
    The rub rails clean up nice with acetone. For the seat cover you can buy Marine vinyl and do it yourself.
    And Welcome to the hulk.

+1
    I had my complete top deck painted a year ago (stock white color) and it cost me $550...so I would say something in that range...maybe more around $600 these days. Just a note, I had removed all the decals which made it less work and easier for them to paint...which sounds like that's what you would do. If not, obviously it will be more as it takes a lot of work to tape/trim around the decals.

thanks again for all the help guys, and the welcome too, any idea about the slow accel??? I know something isnt right its hard to explain but it just doesnt seem like its pulling in the water correctly..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by minersny View Post
    thanks again for all the help guys, and the welcome too, any idea about the slow accel??? I know something isnt right its hard to explain but it just doesnt seem like its pulling in the water correctly..
    I vote for a fuel delivery issue. Clean/Rebuild the carbs. Change the fuel lines and add the three outlet fuel pump.(Dont loose the restrictor) That ski is gel coated try to buff it and see what it looks like. Got any pic's we love pic's..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by beerdart; 03-24-2007 at 01:03 PM.

Thread Information