Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Milky oil/ collapsed filter/ oil warning

Hi all,

Looking for some help to a problem. Ive not much experience in seadoo (mostly yamahas)

I have a 2004 1500 SC GTX.
    Bought a couple of months ago. Noticed milky oil and filter collapsed. Change oil 3 times now.
    The ski is going into limp mode and limiting itself to 3000 rpm after 20-30 mins on the water
    Changed rear oil pressure switch 3 times now
    Changed knock sensor.
    Oil warning is still present when driving on the water (ok on trailer)

Ive red on here that possible problems could be coolant leaking from the timing cover into the oil causing sludge to collapse the filter, oil pressure regulator.

Has anyone any opinions on the best way to proceed to solve the problem which seems to be common enough. Was thinking if i hook up a pressure gauge to the rear oil pressure sensor hole to observe any surges in oil pressure? would this tell me how my oil pressure reg is working?

Does the enging have to be removed to replace the OPR?

If it is water leaking into the oilo from head gasket/ oil coler/ timing cover/ PTO gasket, how does one find the culprit for this list??

Any help in greatly appreciated

+1
    Did you run the ski at all between the oil changes??

The best way to insure all the water is out of the motor/oil is to do a boil out.

Yes, just ran the ski there today after another oil change and the oil is nice and clean now but after warming the ski up at idle in the water for 10 mins and another 5 mins of moderate driving, trhe oil warning comes on again and ski goes into limp mode of 3000 rpm.

Is the best thing to do now, pull out the engine and replace oil regulator. ??

+1
    Check you actual oil pressure.

+1
    you can do it in the SKI but is hard to do! make sure you do not OVERTIGHTEN it! If its the problem you will know when you take it out they crush easy.

+1
    WHat error codes are you getting? And You may also have a blown head gasket, Has it overheated ever?

will get an oil pressure gauge this evening and check the pressure tomorrow. Checking the oil pressure at the front sensor point is ok i presume? If the reg is faulty, will i get a high or low or either pressure reading?
    No error codes showing on the ski, just oil warning afetr 15 mins of driving. Not overheating. Maybe the previous owner dunked the ski causing the milky oil cos its staying nice and clean since the multiple oil changes.
    To locate the pressure regulator, is it like a drain plug you unscrew and a piston and spring pops out?? Is it under the prop shaft??

+1
    Ive seen this issue before on s/c doos that had broken ceramic clutch washers. The ceramic clutch particles were in the screens on the oil pumps and were restricting oil flow.

Hope this is NOT your issue...

ok, thanks for that wotxxxsd. Seen as the ski now has 74 hours on it and im pulling the engine, i think its probably a good time to do the SC rebuild and also check the oil pump screens.
    Ive looked at the SC and it looks sim-ple enough to remove but is the SC rebuild a simple enough job too?? Cant imagine there is too much to it. Is the oil pump screen behind the pump casing?

+1
    2 oil pump screens.
    1 on each end of the motor by each oil pump. There are 2 pumps. 1 on each end.
    If your mechanically inclined and can follow directions 100% you can dooo a s/c rebuild.
    New bearing and washers every time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information