Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Just got a loan help me choose...

I have an 09' rxt and i love it, thinking about getting an RXT 260 AS, Speed is obviously very important, but i also like the idea of adjustable suspension. wondering how much of a difference the suspension makes besides the obvious added weight. Would a seadoo with IS be better? I plan to modify the craft for added speed...
    My buddy is trying to get me to buy the rxp but i do alot of salt water riding so suspension is important seriously cant decide what to do hoping someof you pros can help

+1
    salt water riding requires maintenance and a suspension model is not so friendly when it comes to service or maintenance.. the suspension will help you to a certain point where non suspension models can be ridden without much effort..if speed and modifying your ski is what you ask then you should avoid buying one..if you are about to confront waves you will have a bumpy ride no matter what, so thing again.. i ride open waters for five years ( and being at boats for over 20 years) , if things get tough even with the best rib out there, you are going to have a bumpy ride! When it comes to open water riding, believe my i am an expert! i have ridden 39 ft ribs and believe me, it is a hell of a ride when you have 4 Beaufort wind and over..
    here is around 4 Beaufort weather..the waves are bigger than they appear...suspension model would increase ride quality by a small percent..
    Last edited by Sigmarxt; 03-25-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Ok so which one would you buy?
    Im going to modify it regardless i guess im really just curious to how much of a difference the suspension makes is it worth the added weight

+1
    I would definitely go with rxtx 260 t3 hull it combines handling in rough waters and ease of modding

5. +1 by:

Always hear the Kawi guys have the best machine for open waters. Might be something to look into.

All I know is on my 08 RXPX my hands almost fell off trying to hold on in moderately large waters once. Numb from the beating of the waves.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadooguy101 View Post
    Ok so which one would you buy?
    Im going to modify it regardless i guess im really just curious to how much of a difference the suspension makes is it worth the added weight
    The suspension is really nice and the weight difference is not noticable, but as sigmarxt said, the suspension models are much more difficult to work on. If you where leaving it stock, then get the IS, but doing mods like you say, get the AS

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LucidX View Post
    Always hear the Kawi guys have the best machine for open waters. Might be something to look into.

All I know is on my 08 RXPX my hands almost fell off trying to hold on in moderately large waters once. Numb from the beating of the waves.
    Yes, it is said that Kawis can better handle rough waters but are not so stable when standing still on water.. Try standing on one side on a seadoo and try the same on a kawi ( not sure about the 300x but for the 260x I know for sure). Also with a kawi you burn a lot more fuel. As for the rxpx you own ( and not the new rxpx)...a whole different story! Far away from rough water stability! That's why i suggested rxtx. The older rxpx's would jump out of water just by thinking of it. This guy wants to combine mods, speed, stability, good mpg, rough water handling..Then RXTX T3 is the only way to go not even rxpx ( the new one of course)..trust me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmarxt View Post
    I would definitely go with rxtx 260 t3 hull it combines handling in rough waters and ease of modding
    Rxt-x have the s3 hull... Only the PX have the t3

+1
    maybe the dealer can arrange for you to try a couple of models? no loss in asking

+1
    RXPX 260 is the only T3.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information