Ive missed so much since 2009...help!!

I got rid of my GPR in 09 for an 09FZS. Well, life got in the way, and the ski has been out a few times since 09. I currently have about 30 hours in 4 years. My FZ is bone stock, and the last thing I remember was wanting to order an intake grate for safety reasons, which I haven't yet. Can anyone fill me in on some of the things that have progressed on this platform since I made my ski a lawn ornament? I am still doing searches and reading stuff, just looking for directions to go. Any good free mods? I remember about removing the foam in the hull around the vents, and taking out the spacers in the ride plate and shimming it. That's about it.

+1
    Man, a lot has come out for these since 2009. An intake grate is a must, the grate of choice is the r&d. Pulling the foam is free, but won't do much for you on a stock ski. There are some cheap mods such as the intake. Somewhere on here is a cheap and free mod thread. It used to be a sticky, but got moved. Not much point in messing with the shimming of the stock plate when there are several plates that are better than stock, and a lot of people get a bounce when they remove the stock shims. My signature has a list of current mods on mine, but there was a lot of trial and error resulting in a pile of extra parts, so find a combo at the level you want to go and copy them. There's a sticky at the top of here of a speed database that you can use as a reference, but it hasn't been maintained for a while, so even some of it is outdated.
    Basic cheap mods to get started and that are needed when you really start modding are the ribbon delete, intake grate and air intake.

thanks for the heads up. I will be starting to get my ski cleaned up this weekend, oil and filter change, new plugs. I will search for the cheap and free mods thread. I knew I needed a grate, for some reason I remembered TBM or something like that, I will visit the store and order up an R&D grate and fill kit for starters.

+1
    Welcome back.

thanks for the link! Time to get to work.

Thread Information