Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

A little help for a newbie Sea Doo owner.

Hello. This is my first post in this and I am glad to be here. So let me ask you all this: which anchor is the best option for lakes? What all do I need to purchase for the anchor?

Also, what bumpers should I purchase so I don't ding the Doo on the dock? Please help me out by posting specific links to Greenhulk, Amazon, EBAY or other trusted website and provide a brief comment as to why you would use or currently use them. I have a 2013 GTI 130 and it is brand new. I suppose the OCD is setting in already.

Thank you in advance for helping me out.

Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    +1
    welcome to GreenHulk!

I use a sandbag anchor with a small regular anchor with 25' of rope as a back up..

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...anchor&x=0&y=0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JETSKI-ANCHO...item2eb598521b

as far as bumpers there are foam ones that clip right onto the side...

I purchased this claw anchor. I live on the Gulf Coast and this works good in sand and mud. I'm not sure how it would be on rocky bottoms. I like it because it only weighs 2.2 pounds and is small. http://www.ebay.com/itm/181316585360?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649 $13.54 with free shipping.

I have these dock bumpers http://www.wholesalemarine.com/kwik-...FchFMgod8WYAvA and also a set of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/PWC-Bumpers-...-/200708181304 The second set is not as good the suction cup comes off sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnuts View Post
    I purchased this claw anchor. I live on the Gulf Coast and this works good in sand and mud. I'm not sure how it would be on rocky bottoms. I like it because it only weighs 2.2 pounds and is small. http://www.ebay.com/itm/181316585360?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649 $13.54 with free shipping.
    Be careful that anchor doesn't rock and roll inside your ski. It might slam the hull into potato chips.

No doubt! Right now it's wrapped in an old towel. But since I will not need it every time I go out I'm going to make a place for it in the aft part part of the bilge and tie it down somehow. Some places I might need to anchor is where there is a lot of "big" boat traffic and I don't want the ski washed 10 feet on shore.
    Last edited by Rnuts; 03-27-2014 at 07:13 AM.

+1
    Well thank you for the advice. Might I add that I live in Oklahoma where the winds comes a-sweepin' down the plains and we have ternaders (tornadoes) here. The lake can get very scary as thunderstorms happen a lot when we are out at the lake. I need something to anchor that WILL NOT move. Does this info change any suggestions? I should have mentioned it sooner. Also, do the clip-on bumpers work for the 2013 Doo? I know those Sea Doo ones that slip into the holes on the Spark are for the 2014 GTI. So does the 2013 GTI have the same holes?

On those black bumpers that tie onto something, do they tie to the dock or the Doo? I have also had poor experiences with the suction cup ones as they do indeed come off sometimes.

Either the small Danforth or the Claw anchor I described will work. It's up to you. I went with the Claw anchor because it can hold 2 skis tied in tandem.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Concerning the 'high winds' in OK: If its THAT windy, you probably wont want to be on the water, possibly.

if the winds are anticipated here on Mead, i usually stay off the water. Riding back in 2 - 4' lake chop isn't alot of fun.

I would suggest that 'sand-bag' with a claw; just in case the sand bag isn't enough. Claw attached to the sand-bag with another 5 to 10 ft. of rope.

Welcome to the HULK, RINO

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RINO View Post
    Hello. This is my first post in this and I am glad to be here. So let me ask you all this: which anchor is the best option for lakes? What all do I need to purchase for the anchor?

Also, what bumpers should I purchase so I don't ding the Doo on the dock? Please help me out by posting specific links to Greenhulk, Amazon, EBAY or other trusted website and provide a brief comment as to why you would use or currently use them. I have a 2013 GTI 130 and it is brand new. I suppose the OCD is setting in already.

Thank you in advance for helping me out.
    I use mooring whips at the dock. Work great, have 0 issues. I also tie two large boat fenders on the dock so in case it hits, I just hit the fenders.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information