Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone having water leak issues

Anyone having any water leaking issues? After about 3 hours of testing the new tunes, my son flipped the spark.. He got it back over with in a few seconds. Started it back up and drove it on the trailer.. after I pulled it out of the water I noticed the inside was very full. I have other friends with sparks that have rolled their several times and they say their sparks are still bone dry inside. Not sure if it was taking on water before he rolled it and that caused him to go over or if somehow it took on water when it rolled.

Side note.. when flipping a spark back over beware of the heat exchangers on the bottom.. They will burn the crap out of you.

Wow thank you for heads up about the heat exchangers they should have mentioned that in the manual. So when I flip my spark I better tell people they can get burned..

I think investing in an automatic bilge pump is a good idea.. Hopefully it's just that you took on some water, have you gone back out and done some more water testing?

I will take it back out Sunday. Unfortunately that water in the hull caused some electrical issues that had to be fixed first. That's all done, now back to the water sunday.

+1
    The sparks have been known to have lose clamps, hopfully a hose did not come off.

One thing I liked about the old ski is you can remove the seat and see whats going on on the inside.

Im pulling the deck off tonight so I can check all the clamps myself. Also gives me a chance to rinse and re lube inside.

Checked all clamps, hoses, and seals. Ran on flush with deck off. Nothing leaking. filled hull with water. . nothing leaking out. Will ride Sunday and see what happens

+1
    Looks wierd with the deck off but it's impressively accessable

Sure makes it nice. Very easy to get to everything on it. Took us about 15 min to take off. Not too bad for the first time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Rampage View Post
    Checked all clamps, hoses, and seals. Ran on flush with deck off. Nothing leaking. filled hull with water. . nothing leaking out. Will ride Sunday and see what happens
    Out of interest how did you run it with the top deck off as the cluster, kill switch and start button are in the top section, i am assuming the u had the top close enough for the wiring harness to reach? Just wondering is there was a special trick i am missing.

+1
    Can you remove the Top by yourself?

I want one just so when I have to work on it. Its not a PITA

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information