R&D Supercharger Adjustable Clutch Washer - question on clutch washers

I need to know the right position of each clutch washer. thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by encar View Post
    you mean the 5 spring washer?? you can put them in many different configurations depending on what the desired needed is..BUT the way they come from the factory is

Front of charger| )()()]nut

+1
    I thought that R&d kit had it's on recommendations how they put their spring washers?

I bought this product: R&D High Performance Adjustable Clutch Washer Kit - I need to know the right position of each clutch washer??

The R&D High Performance Racing Adjustable Clutch Washer Kit has been developed to offer precision calibration and tuning to the superchargers clutch system. Proper clutch torque slippage tuning will extend clutch life, and insure maximum boost pressures can be reached. The Adjustable Clutch Kit offers three Clutch Washers and two spring washers both in two different thicknesses that can be “performance specification” installed along with a strategic spring washer “stack” assembly specification to accommodate 8-18 Ft Pounds of torque or 96-216 inch pounds of torque. The wide range of adjustability will accommodate any manufacturers suggested clutch setting specification form old school 215 stock (7 P.S.I. ) to 28 pounds of all out racing boost. R&D Clutch Washers are CNC machined from a billet high strength Steel Super Alloy, Heat Treated, and precision ground to final spec. The R&D clutch washers are designed to be able to properly slip and wear over time without failing under the stresses of the Sea-Doo superchargers high RPM's (42,000) and high heat. The R&D kit will directly replace and out perform all existing aftermarket kits. Improve performance and protect your investment with the R&D Racing Adjustable Clutch washer kit. Kit arrives complete with a specific setup chart diagram displaying how to set the clutch up to achieve a specific torque slip setting. Kit also has a torque chart that displays a Foot Pound to Inch Pound conversion ranging from 6 to 20 pounds.

+1
    Not bashing the kit but is it really necessary, I'm sure it's really nice and gives you more flexibility but IMO you can achieve the same thing by mixing and matching spring washer types, configurations (including mixing and matching used and new ones), adjusting L collar length or last resort for me shimming.

has there been any feedback on the R&D washers? I'd rather stick with OEM.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by encar View Post
    you mean the 5 spring washer?? you can put them in many different configurations depending on what the desired needed is..BUT the way they come from the factory is

Front of charger| )()()]nut
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    I thought that R&d kit had it's on recommendations how they put their spring washers?
    I read is as the kit comes with different thickness clutch washers as well as springs?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arandelas.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	325568

+1
    All the kit is, is different combination clutch and spring washers so you can mix and match to get the desired slip. Same can be achieved without this kit but I'm sure it would make it easier.

Thread Information