Thread: DIY flush kit

+1

DIY flush kit

I'm going to make my own flush adapter because it doesn't exactly pay to purchase the one seadoo one. What size hose is required for the plastic fitting that comes out of the back for the flush accessory?

+1
    A piece of 1/2" " ID clear Tygon tubing fits snugly over the fitting. I assume that is probably the same size quick connect it would require if you can find one.

+1
    Too late, already got screwed and paid the 32 bucks for a kit.

+1
    Sorry neighbor. I guess if I checked the board more regularly I could have saved you

I made one by rubber cementing a 1 inch long piece of 1/2" ID clear tubing into one end of a 2" long piece of regular 5/8" ID garden hose. The tubing shimmed the inside diameter of the 5/8" hose enough to get a good grip using a hose clamp on the Spark's flush fitting. I clamped a standard female hose fitting into the other end of the 5/8" hose. That combination gives you a connection for a garden hose.
    The whole thing reaches about 2.5 inches back from the transom so it doesn't get in the way of the steering or reverse bucket. It is a bit of a tight spot to hook up the hose with the manual reverse and might not work at all with IBR but considering I had all the parts laying around the house, it was free. If you need 1/2" ID tubing, it is available at Lowes for about 50 cents a foot.
    I was concerned about vibration on the home made fitting possibly breaking the factory connector off at the transom but so far no problems.
    In truth, considering how snuggly the 1/2" piece of tubing fits on the factory flush connection, it probably doesn't really need to be clamped. You could probably just use a long enough piece of 5/8" ID hose to it reach out past the ride plate and just shove it on the factory connection only when you want to flush the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Mislguy View Post
    Sorry neighbor. I guess if I checked the board more regularly I could have saved you

I made one by rubber cementing a 1 inch long piece of 1/2" ID clear tubing into one end of a 2" long piece of regular 5/8" ID garden hose. The tubing shimmed the inside diameter of the 5/8" hose enough to get a good grip using a hose clamp on the Spark's flush fitting. I clamped a standard female hose fitting into the other end of the 5/8" hose. That combination gives you a connection for a garden hose.
    The whole thing reaches about 2.5 inches back from the transom so it doesn't get in the way of the steering or reverse bucket. It is a bit of a tight spot to hook up the hose with the manual reverse and might not work at all with IBR but considering I had all the parts laying around the house, it was free. If you need 1/2" ID tubing, it is available at Lowes for about 50 cents a foot.
    I was concerned about vibration on the home made fitting possibly breaking the factory connector off at the transom but so far no problems.
    In truth, considering how snuggly the 1/2" piece of tubing fits on the factory flush connection, it probably doesn't really need to be clamped. You could probably just use a long enough piece of 5/8" ID hose to it reach out past the ride plate and just shove it on the factory connection only when you want to flush the ski.

Your ur last sentence I'm interested about, I installed the seadoo flush kit and spent $32 bucks for nothing, I didn't want to remove the whole pump when I only have to push in a hose, how is it working for you?

+1
    It is working very well. As I said it was a bit of a tight fit. (I have to lower the reverse bucket to make the connection.) I later, added a quick disconnect to the female hose connector. I have QD fittings on my lawn sprinkler and nozzles so I figured why not put one on the Spark too. Now I just plug the QD fitting in. It sturdy as a rock and a literal "snap" to flush the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Mislguy View Post
    It is working very well. As I said it was a bit of a tight fit. (I have to lower the reverse bucket to make the connection.) I later, added a quick disconnect to the female hose connector. I have QD fittings on my lawn sprinkler and nozzles so I figured why not put one on the Spark too. Now I just plug the QD fitting in. It sturdy as a rock and a literal "snap" to flush the ski.
    Im sorry, what is meant to say is that I did not screw in the last torq screw, the one under pump, so basically i only screwed one screw (I'm going to Home Depot to see if I can find a tool I can use to screw that last screw) if I can't I think I only really need to use the flush kit once in a while, why should I remove the pump and go though the headache when I can just push it in the hose and flush the ski not even clamping the hose! than put away the flush kit in my safety kit and use it only when I need it.. What you think?

+1
    I guess I'm fortunate that the dealer gave me one for free ...

9. +1 by:

+1
    Cheappc. I apologize also. I went right into my setup without adequately addressing your question. I tried just a piece of 1/2" clear tubing and it did work without clamping. I did ensure the motor was running before applying water and did not run water through it full force but it did hold.

Thread Information