Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

The first and only world champion female

Last edited by Rocketman; 10-12-2014 at 05:14 PM.

+1
    Sorry to hear your throwing in the towel. Sounds like the racing your involved in takes a lot of wear and tear on the body. I hope you and your family are in the recovery process and may god bless all of you. I know your not a huge fan in your mind of the Racing San Diego Joe and myself and some of the others do, but your welcome to come to one of our 8 events we do anytime. We do not make a pass unless the water is calm for safety reason at our speeds. If you have any interest in checking it out just ask. Our season starts in a month or so. Ryan

Banned User
    +1
    -
    Last edited by Rocketman; 10-12-2014 at 05:15 PM.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    ...Shirley Muldowney.

Banned User
    +1
    b
    Last edited by Rocketman; 10-12-2014 at 05:15 PM.

+1
    Before I go on i have the upmost respect for all you racers..I truely am sorry for what happened to April as it is a sad thing to see....BUT with that being said,Racing IS racing and it is something i grew up as a kid doing and working on....Racing is,has and always will be a high risk sport,IF you enter this hobby or career then you have to go into it knowing the risk...Safety is the number 1 utmost imortant thing in any form of racing and should be exercised regularly..BUT even with the safest equipment,ideal conditions things can and do still happen..its the laws of physics......It IS also about driver/rider condition too,if you are not in shape or conditon to drive/handle that vehical then you should not be opperating it,this is just my opinion...NOW im not saying April couldnt handle her machine,im saying physical condition is part of running a high powered machine wether it be a jetski,race car or race truck....And as far as setup goes,Well,last time i checked setup was key to winning..We have to change,alter and adjust our setup on our race car for different tracks,conditions and weather,other wise we might as well have not even showed up...Racing isnt all about who has the most horsepower,BUT who has the right setup for that horsepower AND the physical ability to drive that vehical at them type of speeds and conditions....So with that being said I DO feel bad for April Kerry as it is a bad bad deal seeing her getting hurt..BUT IMO you guys both entered a "racing" enviroment were risks,bodies and vehicals are pushed to the limits all the time....If they werent,it wouldnt be racing....Seeing that this has happend and you guys are at the bad end of the stick,your concerns are about the safety of this sport,Maybe you guys would be willing to partisipate in helping provide information and feedback to what might be of value in helping fellow competitors becoming safer individuals....Thats how safety is unfortionatly improved in the racing world..It unfortionatly takes somebody getting hurt or killed for them to open thier eyes and R&D safety equipment and rules to make them better...I hope you understand were im coming from with this as I have not been to a hydrodrags BUT have been involved in racing a very long time,i have seen the best and worst of this sport...With that being said,i wish April the best and hope she gets well soon...

Sno..

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Before I go on i have the upmost respect for all you racers..I truely am sorry for what happened to April as it is a sad thing to see....BUT with that being said,Racing IS racing and it is something i grew up as a kid doing and working on....Racing is,has and always will be a high risk sport,IF you enter this hobby or career then you have to go into it knowing the risk...Safety is the number 1 utmost imortant thing in any form of racing and should be exercised regularly..BUT even with the safest equipment,ideal conditions things can and do still happen..its the laws of physics......It IS also about driver/rider condition too,if you are not in shape or conditon to drive/handle that vehical then you should not be opperating it,this is just my opinion...NOW im not saying April couldnt handle her machine,im saying physical condition is part of running a high powered machine wether it be a jetski,race car or race truck....And as far as setup goes,Well,last time i checked setup was key to winning..We have to change,alter and adjust our setup on our race car for different tracks,conditions and weather,other wise we might as well have not even showed up...Racing isnt all about who has the most horsepower,BUT who has the right setup for that horsepower AND the physical ability to drive that vehical at them type of speeds and conditions....So with that being said I DO feel bad for April Kerry as it is a bad bad deal seeing her getting hurt..BUT IMO you guys both entered a "racing" enviroment were risks,bodies and vehicals are pushed to the limits all the time....If they werent,it wouldnt be racing....Seeing that this has happend and you guys are at the bad end of the stick,your concerns are about the safety of this sport,Maybe you guys would be willing to partisipate in helping provide information and feedback to what might be of value in helping fellow competitors becoming safer individuals....Thats how safety is unfortionatly improved in the racing world..It unfortionatly takes somebody getting hurt or killed for them to open thier eyes and R&D safety equipment and rules to make them better...I hope you understand were im coming from with this as I have not been to a hydrodrags BUT have been involved in racing a very long time,i have seen the best and worst of this sport...With that being said,i wish April the best and hope she gets well soon...

Sno..
    The IJSBA sanctioned races added this yr a mandatory back protector for all competitors ,I assume April was wearing at the time or it could have been worse...May she get well real soon...

I like to see Mandatory body deflectors that are manufactured by all the MC apparel brands, this would to a degree protect your back ,clavicles ,ribs,kidneys and chest,they are lightweight and contour to movement,and range around $100.
    A neck protection collar also would come in handy also made lightweight and comfortable $40...
    along with a quality helmet I'll be wearing all this at this yrs CC races and offshore AquaX ..

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post

Sno..
    The IJSBA sanctioned races added this yr a mandatory back protector for all competitors ,I assume April was wearing at the time or it could have been worse...May she get well real soon...

I like to see Mandatory body deflectors that are manufactured by all the MC apparel brands, this would to a degree protect your back ,clavicles ,ribs,kidneys and chest,they are lightweight and contour to movement,and range around $100.
    A neck protection collar also would come in handy also made lightweight and comfortable $40...
    along with a quality helmet I'll be wearing all this at this yrs CC races and offshore AquaX ..

it's only mandatory in ski classes and recommended for all classes

1. Back Protection Is Mandatory For Ski ClassesThe rule was introduced in 2012, passed in early 2013, and implemented in 2014- All ski competitor, with the exception of Freeride/Freestyle, must take some extra precautions to protect your spine from injury. Never before has there been such universal access to performance and speed as there is for today’s Ski class competitors. Because of this, IJSBA is requiring a little more on your back than just an approved life vest. We realize that there is subject for debate as to adopting standards as the type and production of the devices we are requiring. We also realize that no device will realistically prevent all injuries. You are all welcome to recommend these things and help evolve this rule. In the meantime, please do your part to set a good example at the races and pick up your back protection device today. Protection can be built into vests and wetsuits. IJSBA Rule 17.3.4 describes the policy for the back protection precautions competitors must take.
    - See more at: http://www.ijsba.com/2014/03/20/ijsb....ATOg0jMO.dpuf
    17.3.4 Back protection is mandatory for all Ski competitors with the exception of Freestyle. By January 1, 2014, all Ski competitors shall be required to wear a spinal column protection device capable of distributing, diffusing, or absorbing impact.
    Protection devices may be rigid or soft material capable of absorbing and distributing an impact sufficient to
    reduce injury. Devices must not be capable of absorbing water. Where there is doubt that the device covers
    the required area of the spinal column, the following measurement shall be used: “No greater distance shall
    be allowed than two inches below a horizontal line between the top of both shoulders and no less distance
    shall be allowed than three inches below a horizontal line between both hips. The Race Director shall have
    final determination of whether the back protection used by a rider is adequate. Back protection, protective
    footwear and eye protection are recommended for all riders in all competition events.

regardless of the situation atleast your not abandoning the sport completely April

+1
    The new rule only applies to "Ski" class and not Runabout.

Shall IJSBA require a motocross style back protector in all Ski Classes? If no, shall IJSBA require this back protector in Open and GP classes?

Recommendation: Yes, for all Ski classes, mandatory by 2014. IJSBA should require competitors to wear an impact distribution device which shields the spinal column from the transverse plane above the scapula through the entire lumbar section. Suggested language: “Protection devices may be rigid or soft material capable of absorbing and distributing an impact sufficient to reduce injury. Devices must not be capable of absorbing water. Where there is doubt that the device covers the required area of the spinal column, the following measurement shall be used: “No greater distance shall be allowed than two inches below a horizontal line between the top of both shoulders and no less distance shall be allowed than three inches below a horizontal line between both hips.” The race director shall have the final determination in whether back protection is adequate.

Banned User
    +1
    Last edited by Rocketman; 10-12-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information