wanted to say hello, and ask about racing, and wave jumping..

hey NJ, wanted to say hello, i grew up and have lived in mercer county my whole life. Just bought my first PWC. when the weather gets better i plan on trying to get some people together for some rides. I want to spend most of my time in the surf catching air and jumping. I will mostly be leaving out of shark river or barnagat inlet because of my location, unless you know anywhere closer or better? I know someone posted asking about local racing but that post is 4 years old. So i was wondering if there is any local racing clubs or leagues i could get involved with? Doesnt have to be anything crazy, just some fun, organized racing whether it be in the bay or hopactacong. Anyone know of anything or do I have to travel for hours and hours to race? OH and if anyone would like to get a racing group started, or just get together and jump some serious waves out front let me know. I plan on doing a test run in hopactcong in may then spend the rest of my time outfront in the surf so let me know!! thanks from Mercer.

+1
    If u plan on jumping the surf check local laws. In ocean city Maryland when we jump the surf we jump early or late. Be aware of surfers and swimmers and the law. Or jump after labor day and before memorial. Buy a wet suit and extend ur season of riding. Most Inlets have some kind of shoal which on right conditions has big breakers like the surf at a beach. Locals up ur way will know where to go. What kind ofski did you get?

i got a 2002 ultra 150

+1
    I'm a Hopatcong frequenter, HMU when you go.
    Pretty sure they don't have any PWC races, but they do have offshore powerboat races which I'm dying to attend.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent vega View Post
    hey NJ, wanted to say hello, i grew up and have lived in mercer county my whole life. Just bought my first PWC. when the weather gets better i plan on trying to get some people together for some rides. I want to spend most of my time in the surf catching air and jumping. I will mostly be leaving out of shark river or barnagat inlet because of my location, unless you know anywhere closer or better? I know someone posted asking about local racing but that post is 4 years old. So i was wondering if there is any local racing clubs or leagues i could get involved with? Doesnt have to be anything crazy, just some fun, organized racing whether it be in the bay or hopactacong. Anyone know of anything or do I have to travel for hours and hours to race? OH and if anyone would like to get a racing group started, or just get together and jump some serious waves out front let me know. I plan on doing a test run in hopactcong in may then spend the rest of my time outfront in the surf so let me know!! thanks from Mercer.
    No racing clubs or Sanctioned JetSki races in NJ otherwise I would have been on it like stink on stink...lol

There's an organization that does CC sanctioned Racing up north in NY,CT,MA ....NEWA racing, 4 shows this yr ,I'll be doing 2 motos in CT in May..

+1
    Maybe tough doing any jumping around Barnegat this year. Repairs to the north jetty will be starting in 2 weeks and lasting till November.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/northeas...gat-inlet.html

Thread Information