Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with purchase of Ski

I have been on the water boating most of life, finally getting a ski. I have an opportunity for a 2003 Polaris MSX 140ho with 104 hours, extremely clean outside, motor and compartment. I cannot test ride so I am asking for a compression test. Is 3k a good price for this ski? Any issues with this ski? Are parts easily available? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Also I am planning on a second ski, choices there are seadoo gtx, gti and Yamaha wave runner, around 2005-2008. Any insight here as well would also be greatly appreciated. Thaw cannot happen fast enough!!

I would not pay 3k for a ski whose manufacturer is out of the game. Polaris always had electrical problems. Do yourself a favor and buy a Seadoo, Yamaha, or Kawasaki

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire4Money View Post
    I would not pay 3k for a ski whose manufacturer is out of the game. Polaris always had electrical problems. Do yourself a favor and buy a Seadoo, Yamaha, or Kawasaki
    Haters going to hate. Polaris made one of great pwc as long as stay away from early blue engine and late 4 stroke msx. IMO 3k is fair price on msx 140ho u can always negotiate the price down to 2k-2500 and the parts are still around not like tigershark. U won't be disaponed the msx is one of best hull design and well balance and very comfort to ride on.

Quote Originally Posted by Seakid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire4Money View Post
    Haters going to hate. Polaris made one of great pwc as long as stay away from early blue engine and late 4 stroke msx. IMO 3k is fair price on msx 140ho u can always negotiate the price down to 2k-2500 and the parts are still around not like tigershark. U won't be disaponed the msx is one of best hull design and well balance and very comfort to ride on.
    I have heard the MSX is a great hull. Polaris engines have been good, but I have seen nothing but problems with the ignition systems. Also, any watercraft with the Polaris name will be hard to sell once the time comes. It takes a Polaris lover, not your average buyer. For 3k, you would be able to buy a Yamaha gpr/xl, a seadoo xp limited or gtx, Kawasaki stx/ultra which will be just as reliable, if not more, and much easier to sell when the time comes. I'm not a hater, just call it like I see it.

Thanks for all your replies. Waiting on Compression test, I would not think of it being Polaris, only that this ski is exceptionally clean. I do like Yamaha and Bombardier. Ski's in Canada are more expensive, by the time I sell this I feel I would have got my moneys worth. Deal is dependent on compression results.

And they tossed in the trailer for 250.00 which I felt was okay, it's the ski above. Let me know your thoughts peeps.

You're in Canada and bought a ski from Georgia?

Quote Originally Posted by ACA1996XP View Post

Check out prices on a Canadian site, ski's are 6,000 with well over 200 hours. You cannot buy anything decent for under 5k. It is worth the drive or the extra delivery charge. There is not duty due to free trade.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ACA1996XP View Post
    We all do hahaha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information