Thread: 2014 fx svho

+1

2014 fx svho

2014 FX SVHO

Just a quick question . I have run it in as per the manual and noticed that whilst smooth and responsive , when you come off the throttle there is a slight period of vibration . i am assuming this is 'normal' from the overboost , as it idles smoothly and accelerates smoothly , and runs flat out happily .

getting an intake grate and pump seal kit sent over as there is a noticeable need for one .

for longevity of the sprag clutch , when riding flat out in the chop it will not be possible to feather the throttle as the ski passes from one peak to the next but when riding bigger waves where the ski comes out of the water for a longer length of time ....should the throttle be released , allowing the engine revs to drop off to idle , as the ski releases from the wave crest .

I have always ridden flat out on the limiter with my HOs , other than in big waves where the ski clears the wave for a few seconds or more , in which case i do feather the throttle but probably not to idle and in fact blip the throttle to empty the waterbox once airborne .

i have always been aware that my local dealer got told the we have the highest incidence of SHO clutch failures in the world and suffered one of the first 2013 clutch failures early last year . But needs must and i need to experience a supercharged ski and so have bought this with the 2 year warranty in mind and should the clutch fail , mindful to sell it on once repaired . Hopefully it will prove reliable ..but what is the correct throttle response to being airborne with a supercharged ski ? and the initial question ...is it normal for the SVHO to feel a short period of vibration when the throttle is released ?

thanks

+1
    i suppose answering my own question in a way . Yamaha state not to allow the engine revs to rise above 4000 rpm on the flushing hose .

+1
    ok taking from the R&D site for their BOV kit

The R&D Surge Protection Kit is an absolute must have part for the SV Series Yamaha supercharger which has a fair amount of off throttle surge even in box stock form.

so i am taking it that the off throttle vibration is normal 'surge'
    and as for wavejumping the correct procedure is to release the throttle as the ski breaks away from the wave crest and reapply it when the pump has reloaded on landing .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by andys9 View Post
    ok taking from the R&D site for their BOV kit

The R&D Surge Protection Kit is an absolute must have part for the SV Series Yamaha supercharger which has a fair amount of off throttle surge even in box stock form.

so i am taking it that the off throttle vibration is normal 'surge'
    and as for wavejumping the correct procedure is to release the throttle as the ski breaks away from the wave crest and reapply it when the pump has reloaded on landing .

Correct! With the amount of boost that a stock SVHO supercharger makes (60% more than previous models) then it's best to run a BOV kit.

Don't forget that the forums online store sells all of the R&D parts, and many more and you can save 10% off the listed prices of most products by using the discount coupon code: greenhulk

This is the BOV you were inquiring about
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1813

+1
    thanks for the answers . thru the r&d site the SHO and the SVHO kits carry different part numbers and the SVHO one wasnt listed in the shop last time i cross referenced the part numbers . if i go ahead and order will the SVHO kit be sent out if asked for ?

+1
    Jerry,

Which BOV do you recommend best. The HKS or TIAL?

thanks, Julio...

Thread Information