+1

Seadoo To Bimini and back.

Hello friends. New comer from the great white land of Canada. For the last month or so i have been slowly been gathering info on doing a ride from Miami to Bimini islands of Bermuda....I'm looking for some real world input on what to take on this trip how it was from people who may have done this before. I would like to eventually work my way up to bigger and longer rides but working in baby steps Here. I'm super sorry if it is the wrong section or if this has been posted 800x before... Thank you very much for letting me on this site and hope to meet some of you in some future rides.

Cheers

John

+1
    Maybe not quite 800 times, but it has been discussed lots of times. Do a search and you'll learn a lot.

Just off hand, I'll tell you to bring some Off! with you. You might think I'm joking, but the gnats that come out at dusk are NO JOKE and the store shelves are usually empty. I was scratching for a couple of weeks after I got home.

We had a FaceBook page up, but I guess it expired.

But be sure to prepare yourself mentally! I totally ignored my friend who tole me it would be rough. It totally kicked my 54 year old, fat, out of shape ass. And also the asses of the 4 much younger motorcycle racers that I went with.

If you have an athletic supporter, wear it. You and your junk will be bouncing around a lot.

Depending on your ski, you probably won't need to bring extra gas unless just for peace of mind. My 2013 FX HO used 13 gallons each way at ~40 mph.

Don't forget to HYDRATE along the way. I was feeling dehydrated while we were signing in at customs.

Oh, and Jet Ski Brian pretty much stays over in the PWC Fishing section of this forum, but he has done it and I think he has a thread about it in the fishing section. Either way he's a nice guy and I'm sure he would answer your questions.

That's the most I feel like straining my brain tonight.

Having run that with a boat, I'd be pretty nervous doing that on a ski solo. A lot can go wrong with a long open ocean trip like that!

I'd at least want to have someone running with me, but it does sound like a good time!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet1 View Post
    Having run that with a boat, I'd be pretty nervous doing that on a ski solo. A lot can go wrong with a long open ocean trip like that!
    Oh, jeez! I certainly hope he didn't mean to go it alone!!! That would not be a good idea...

+1

+1
    Use the search function on this site.
    Many real world riders..

+1
    Sorry guys didnt know or else i would have...Just getting new to the layout of the site and im not the best in computers by anymeans. No i will be going with 2 others on there own Doo a piece. i apprecaite everything has provided so far.

Cheers!!

+1
    Do you ever come down to Portland Maine with our ski we JetSki out of Portland and I've been thinking about doing the trip next year as I hit 50 this year were going to try to go from Newburyport to Portland

Thread Information