Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

overall best maker

OK. It is time. I'm going to drop the cash on 2 new skis. I hear nothing but good about Yamaha. Your thoughts?

+1
    the wife and I are looking for reliable skis not sure about or supercharged but definitely something that will be powerful enough yet be very reliable with minimal maintenance I've hit the point in life that I'm tired of fixing and working on stuff

+1
    No supercharged or turbo style motors that is. Which brand and why? I like sea doo but they seem to have way to many sensors and such

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Kawasaki ultra lx, kawasaki stx 15f, yamaha vxr/s, yamaha fxho. Dead reliable and cheap.

Sean

5. +1 by:

+1
    Where do you ride(smooth or rough water) and what are you looking to get out of a ski?

If you will be riding in mostly smooth water, I highly recommend the Yamaha VXR/S. The light weight nano excel hull, combined with a powerful and super reliable 180 horse power 4 stroke engine can't be beat!

+1
    Here is the thread I started about a year ago when I was in the same position. Lots of good info from lots of members here. Check it out, it might answer some of your questions while bringing up even more questions.

9. +1 by:

+1
    I'd say go with the VXR/s or the fxho. both from yamaha. Reliable and cheap. VXR for speed/aggressive riding, or fxho for more luxurious riding. Both are a fun ride.

If not yamaha I'd go kawasaki. I know the die-hard sea doo guys will beg to differ but the way I see it, there's just too much to go wrong on these new sea doo's. All the electronics, just to much to worry about. Especially if your around the salt water. And to be honest, the fun in riding a jet ski does not come from the 32 function display screen on a doo

+1
    For mostly smooth water, I recommend a STX 15F. Maybe a VXR/S if you will ride on mostly glass. If you will ride in the rough stuff I say either a Yamaha FX HO or the kawi Ultra LX.
    In the SC category, the kawi 310R seems to be the dominant ski in stock form unless mpg is a concern.

+1
    perhaps cheap for some. I priced 2 skis with a new trailer and its about 25K-30K. That's not cheap to me! We will ride in fresh water only. Colorado river in CA, NV, AZ. Its smooth in areas along river but like an ocean on places like lake meade at times. Our current rides are Polaris genesis I and a virage. Her genesis is compliant for the ban but my virage is banned from anything above Laughlin dam. Momma aint tall or big, but Im 6'5" and closer to 300 lbs then 200lbs. We don't hotdog anymore, just cruise around with our friends. We literally launch in the early AM and are out till afternoon. We like to cut the turns but not jump the wakes. That's our style I suppose. Im hearing kawi and yamadog, correct? I hear that from the mechanics ive spoken with too. Thank you for sharing, helps me decide sea doo is not one to consider.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information