First thing you should buy!!!

I own 2008 fx sho, And have read alot of post's from alot of PWC sites. I am Mechanic by trade. For over 35yrs. Yes i am 53 yrs old. And find it really silly. How ppl can buy something. But never ever buy a factory manual. I do this w. everything i buy used. For instantance...So many right away wana make it go faster. But YOU think they ever service the thing? I have a few ppl who have the same or newer sho as me. They ask me. Ummm how often shld i change my plugs, Or change my oil, Or blah blah, Guess what speed racer. Buy a factory manual. And get all ur ans. And buy a used one on ebay for like 50.00 . Oh and BTW...I have yet to see or read ONE post. That anyone has talked about oiling thier superchager. Yes It needs to be oiled every 50 hrs. And YOU wonder why they have problems....Just like you shld do a bunch of service stuff at 50 hours. And MORE at 100 hrs and so on. Typical ppl. Wana go faster. But always miss the small stuff that matters MOST! I get a kick when ppl come on these sites and ask such silly questions. LIke......When do i change my plugs, Or my oil, Or What ever..Well tell you what BUY a manual. And YOU will HAVE ALL THE ANS!!...
    Not to mention GET the correct ans and SAVE time!!

Quote Originally Posted by FXSho99 View Post
    I own 2008 fx sho, And have read alot of post's from alot of PWC sites. I am Mechanic by trade. For over 35yrs. Yes i am 53 yrs old. And find it really silly. How ppl can buy something. But never ever buy a factory manual. I do this w. everything i buy used. For instantance...So many right away wana make it go faster. But YOU think they ever service the thing? I have a few ppl who have the same or newer sho as me. They ask me. Ummm how often shld i change my plugs, Or change my oil, Or blah blah, Guess what speed racer. Buy a factory manual. And get all ur ans. And buy a used one on ebay for like 50.00 . Oh and BTW...I have yet to see or read ONE post. That anyone has talked about oiling thier superchager. Yes It needs to be oiled every 50 hrs. And YOU wonder why they have problems....Just like you shld do a bunch of service stuff at 50 hours. And MORE at 100 hrs and so on. Typical ppl. Wana go faster. But always miss the small stuff that matters MOST! I get a kick when ppl come on these sites and ask such silly questions. LIke......When do i change my plugs, Or my oil, Or What ever..Well tell you what BUY a manual. And YOU will HAVE ALL THE ANS!!...
    Not to mention GET the correct ans and SAVE time!!
    i totally agreed! I bought one right after I pick up fxsho! Love it and really useful info inside that book!

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    What a way to start, Welcome to the Forum : )

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    What a way to start, Welcome to the Forum : )
    Haha

+1
    Yep, you'd be surprised how much info's in the service manuals. Welcome to the Hulk!

Thanks to all of you, I hope you all have a nice weekend and get lots of riding time.

+1
    Yes, quite correct and welcome to the forum.

Gentleman, you have been told!

+1
    Seems to me that most of those elusive answers you talk about can be found right in the owners manual- in the maintenance schedule section.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSho99 View Post
    Oh and BTW...I have yet to see or read ONE post. That anyone has talked about oiling thier superchager. Yes It needs to be oiled every 50 hrs. And YOU wonder why they have problems....
    Actually, it's only really necessary after disassembling the SC. The SC is lubed by the oil system on the motor, & a ski that is ridden regularly won't require this service. It's not a bad idea to do it after a ski has sat for awhile, but IMO, even a ski that's been laid up for a few months doesn't really need it if you wait for the motor & oil to come up temp before wailing on it. I know it's part of the maintenance schedule, but it's more of a preventative measure for owners with little to no mechanical knowledge who are likely to pull a freshly de-winterized ski off the trailer & immediately jam the throttle before there's heat in the engine. I've never performed this service on a regular basis, & I've never had any noticeable wear on the shaft bushings when I had the unit apart. It also has nothing to do with the SC clutch issues people have had.

Thread Information